Nashbar Delivery time?

RWillieK

Aug 26, 2004
This is weird - my order from Nashbar is really late.

HEre's the story - a month or so ago I made an order with them. I ordered on a Wednesday, everything shipped out on a thursday. We had Labor day weekend (no Mail delivery), and then I received my order on Thursday.

This time I made an order early early in the morning on Wednesday. Its been over a week, 10 days actually, and still no delivery. It really shouldn't take a week to get something from West Virginia to Kentucky! Its a four drive!

From Map Quest, from my front door to theirs: Total Est. Time: 4 hours, 16 minutesTotal Est. Distance: 249.56 miles
Thats less than 1 mph!!!

Robbie

RWillieK said:
This is weird - my order from Nashbar is really late.

HEre's the story - a month or so ago I made an order with them. I ordered on a Wednesday, everything shipped out on a thursday. We had Labor day weekend (no Mail delivery), and then I received my order on Thursday.

This time I made an order early early in the morning on Wednesday. Its been over a week, 10 days actually, and still no delivery. It really shouldn't take a week to get something from West Virginia to Kentucky! Its a four drive!

From Map Quest, from my front door to theirs: Total Est. Time: 4 hours, 16 minutesTotal Est. Distance: 249.56 miles
Thats less than 1 mph!!!

Robbie

Have you given them a call to see if your order was shipped out?

RWillieK said:

What type of shipping did you specify?

I'm assuming you selected the "regular ole" shipping. It's slow. I believe that it is slower than first-class mail (parcel-post maybe?). I've learned to go with the 2-day shipping via FedEx.................

RWillieK said:
It really shouldn't take a week to get something from West Virginia to Kentucky! Its a four drive!

Items are not shipped directly from their warehouse to your front door by the Postal Service. There are hubs, routes, etc. that the package must follow to get to you.

Like I said, I believe they use parcel post (which is slower than first-class mail) for their cheapest shipping option.

Hope you get your stuff soon....I hate waiting!! :rolleyes:

The "Standard" shipping from Nashbar has always been slow. If you want THIS WEEK, pay the extra bucks for 2 day service, it works.

Robbie:

Howdy, neighbor! I live in Versailles (KY) - small world, eh? I've ordered from Nashbar once, they delivered in about a week. Seems pretty typical. Got the same delivery time from Supergo, but they made a mess out of my last order. As my main bike is Campy equipped, I tend to order from cbike in chicago, they're a bit quicker. They usually deliver an order in four to five days.

BTW - did you get in any riding on Sunday? Talk about a perfect riding day! Sunshine and low 70's temperature. I was tooling around down by the Woodford Reserve distillery, and got some of the best average speeds I've ever seen since getting back into road biking 2 years ago. Love those backroads around Frankfort, light traffic and plenty of hills.

--John

starship said:
The "Standard" shipping from Nashbar has always been slow. If you want THIS WEEK, pay the extra bucks for 2 day service, it works.

Definitely worth the extra $2.

kgatwork said:
Definitely worth the extra $2.
Sorry JohnO didn't see your responce there! I try to ride nearly every weekend, as its about the only time I have to ride :)

I STILL haven't gotten my order, tomorrow is my official "Lost Package" day.....hopefully I can upgrade my carrier and get it here by monday or something.

Robbie

:mad: I got ripped off by nash bar for $60 and they are egnoring my attempts to fined out whay.

I returned aero bars that dint fit my bars because the cataloge didnt say what size would. I got only $42 back from $95.

your just begging for trouble from these jerks.

starship said:
Hasn't always been slow. When I started using them, 'regular' UPS would often get to me in two days. Then came the UPS strike, after which they started diversifying their shipping and things started going downhill. The last few orders I've made with them have taken up to 6 days before they ship it, and then 10 days after that to deliver it before they consider it 'late.' Paying for 2nd-day air and having it take 8 days would still suck, too. I've started using other mail order places instead, which really says Bad Things coming from a 20-year customer.