Nashbar "Sale" Prices

Harris

Guest
I received the lateset Nashbar cat in the mail yesterday. Seems like they're picking up some of the
marketing schemes used by department stores.

For example, the IRC Road Winner tire has been in their catalog for years at $14.95 (sometimes on
sale for $12.95). Well now it's listed as $29.95 but "on sale" for $16.95 (in the clearance section
of the cat).

But in another section, it's listed at the "regular" price of $14.95!

Art "Caveat Emptor" Harris

Harris <[email protected]> wrote:
: I received the lateset Nashbar cat in the mail yesterday. Seems like they're picking up some of
: the marketing schemes used by department stores.

: For example, the IRC Road Winner tire has been in their catalog for years at $14.95 (sometimes on
: sale for $12.95). Well now it's listed as $29.95 but "on sale" for $16.95 (in the clearance
: section of the cat).

: But in another section, it's listed at the "regular" price of $14.95!

: Art "Caveat Emptor" Harris

I noticed that also. I think they are a bit confused at Nashbar. I hope those tires aren't a
closeout. They are a very good value.

--------------------------------
Bob Masse' [email protected]
--------------------------------

I was surprised- not in a good way- when I found out Nashbar had been bought out by Performance.
It's kinda like your favorite local hardware store being taken over by Home Depot. I recall when
Nashbike catalogs contained maintenance tips and tricks, and now they're price gouging!

"Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I received the lateset Nashbar cat in the mail yesterday.
Seems like
> they're picking up some of the marketing schemes used by
department
> stores.
>
> For example, the IRC Road Winner tire has been in their
catalog for years
> at $14.95 (sometimes on sale for $12.95). Well now it's
listed as $29.95
> but "on sale" for $16.95 (in the clearance section of the
cat).

> But in another section, it's listed at the "regular" price
of $14.95!

You always have to ask yourself, "20% off of *what*?" The worst offenders are the big supermarket
chains, with hwy. robbery prices unless you use their stupid club cards, after which it's still
expensive. In the meantime you have to go through a bunch of extra calculations to avoid being
ripped off.

I prefer to shop where I get everyday good value without the ******** -- or usurous "handling"
charges, which you don't find out what they are until you jump through all the hoops in the
checkout process.

Matt O.

I just noticed that the tire listed for $14.95 is the Road Winner II. The one for $16.95 is just a
plain Road Winner. Is there a difference?

NY Rides <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just noticed that the tire listed for $14.95 is the Road Winner II. The one for $16.95 is just a
> plain Road Winner. Is there a difference?

Yes, about $2. <g>

Art

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
>I received the lateset Nashbar cat in the mail yesterday. Seems like they're picking up some of the
>marketing schemes used by department stores. For example, the IRC Road Winner tire has been in
>their catalog for years at $14.95 (sometimes on sale for $12.95). Well now it's listed as $29.95
>but "on sale" for $16.95 (in the clearance section of the cat). But in another section, it's listed
>at the "regular" price of $14.95!

Not really needing any new bike stuff, I didn't look as carefully at all the prices. I guess that is
what happens when Performance took over. The old Nashbar use to have real sale prices.

Come on Guys! Use www.qbike.com for the best price and get Nashbar to match
it. Or Get Performance to match it. Or wait for a 20% off discount code, order a price match and
get 20% off that.