Nashbar T3/T4 fluid trainer

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Don And Karen M, Jan 31, 2003.

  1. I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?

    thx, Don

    Tags:

  2. Don and Karen Mestan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
    >
    > thx, Don

    YEs, I got a lemon, too. Loud as hell. Sent it back, got another, same thing. Sounded like a
    helicopter loose in the pac or something...both of them worked great for about two days, then the
    WHIRRRRRRRRING would start.

  3. Thanks - I'll avoid that one. How about minoura Mag trainers?

    Lance Indurain wrote:

    > Don and Karen Mestan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
    > >
    > > thx, Don
    >
    > YEs, I got a lemon, too. Loud as hell. Sent it back, got another, same thing. Sounded like a
    > helicopter loose in the pac or something...both of them worked great for about two days, then the
    > WHIRRRRRRRRING would start.

  4. Budman

    Budman Guest

    If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its a
    news:[email protected]...

  5. "BudMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D0b%[email protected]>...
    > If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its a
    > lifetime investment. "Don and Karen Mestan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
    > >
    > > thx, Don

    I second that. Some of my friends have those and the quality is outstanding. Use it to warm up
    prior to races.

  6. Velorodsmom

    Velorodsmom Guest

    Lance Indurain wrote:

    > I second that. Some of my friends have those and the quality is outstanding. Use it to warm up
    > prior to races.

    Only dorks warm up on trainers prior to races.

    Thanks Rod's Mom

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "BudMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D0b%[email protected]>...
    > If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its a
    > lifetime investment.

    Cyclops trainers have a fluid leakage problem. After a year or two most of them no longer work
    properly. There was some other company who was making fluid units as higher quality replacements but
    I forget which company it was.

  8. [email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "BudMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D0b%[email protected]>...
    > > If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its
    > > a lifetime investment.
    >
    > Cyclops trainers have a fluid leakage problem. After a year or two most of them no longer work
    > properly. There was some other company who was making fluid units as higher quality replacements
    > but I forget which company it was.

    I have found the opposite to be true. I've had a Cycleops fluid trainer for 7 years, and have had 0
    problems in that time span. Just sold it to a friend of mine a few weeks ago and replaced with a new
    unit. So far, no issues.

    Tom