Nashbar T3/T4 fluid trainer

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Don And Karen M, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?

thx, Don

Tags:

2. Don and Karen Mestan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
    >
    > thx, Don

YEs, I got a lemon, too. Loud as hell. Sent it back, got another, same thing. Sounded like a
    helicopter loose in the pac or something...both of them worked great for about two days, then the
    WHIRRRRRRRRING would start.

3. Thanks - I'll avoid that one. How about minoura Mag trainers?

Lance Indurain wrote:

> Don and Karen Mestan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
    > >
    > > thx, Don
    >
    > YEs, I got a lemon, too. Loud as hell. Sent it back, got another, same thing. Sounded like a
    > helicopter loose in the pac or something...both of them worked great for about two days, then the
    > WHIRRRRRRRRING would start.

4. Budman

Budman Guest

If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its a
    lifetime investment. "Don and Karen Mestan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
    >
    > thx, Don

5. "BudMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D0b%[email protected]>...
    > If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its a
    > lifetime investment. "Don and Karen Mestan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
    > >
    > > thx, Don
    > >

I second that. Some of my friends have those and the quality is outstanding. Use it to warm up
    prior to races.

6. Velorodsmom

Velorodsmom Guest

Lance Indurain wrote:
    >
    > I second that. Some of my friends have those and the quality is outstanding. Use it to warm up
    > prior to races.

Only dorks warm up on trainers prior to races.

Thanks Rod's Mom

7. Tom Kunich

Tom Kunich Guest

"BudMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D0b%[email protected]>...
    > If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its a
    > lifetime investment.

Cyclops trainers have a fluid leakage problem. After a year or two most of them no longer work
    properly. There was some other company who was making fluid units as higher quality replacements but
    I forget which company it was.

8. [email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "BudMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D0b%[email protected]>...
    > > If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its
    > > a lifetime investment.
    >
    > Cyclops trainers have a fluid leakage problem. After a year or two most of them no longer work
    > properly. There was some other company who was making fluid units as higher quality replacements
    > but I forget which company it was.

I have found the opposite to be true. I've had a Cycleops fluid trainer for 7 years, and have had 0
    problems in that time span. Just sold it to a friend of mine a few weeks ago and replaced with a new
    unit. So far, no issues.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.