Nashbar T3/T4 fluid trainer

Don And Karen M

Guest
I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?

thx, Don

Don and Karen Mestan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
>
> thx, Don

YEs, I got a lemon, too. Loud as hell. Sent it back, got another, same thing. Sounded like a
helicopter loose in the pac or something...both of them worked great for about two days, then the
WHIRRRRRRRRING would start.

Thanks - I'll avoid that one. How about minoura Mag trainers?

Lance Indurain wrote:

> Don and Karen Mestan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
> >
> > thx, Don
>
> YEs, I got a lemon, too. Loud as hell. Sent it back, got another, same thing. Sounded like a
> helicopter loose in the pac or something...both of them worked great for about two days, then the
> WHIRRRRRRRRING would start.

If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its a
news:[email protected]...

"BudMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D0b%[email protected]>...
> If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its a
> lifetime investment. "Don and Karen Mestan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm considering buying one of these. Does anybody have any experience with this model?
> >
> > thx, Don

I second that. Some of my friends have those and the quality is outstanding. Use it to warm up
prior to races.

Lance Indurain wrote:

> I second that. Some of my friends have those and the quality is outstanding. Use it to warm up
> prior to races.

Only dorks warm up on trainers prior to races.

Thanks Rod's Mom

"BudMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D0b%[email protected]>...
> If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its a
> lifetime investment.

Cyclops trainers have a fluid leakage problem. After a year or two most of them no longer work
properly. There was some other company who was making fluid units as higher quality replacements but
I forget which company it was.

[email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "BudMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<D0b%[email protected]>...
> > If you are going to get a resistance trainer look into CycleOps Fluid2. They cost more, but its
> > a lifetime investment.
>
> Cyclops trainers have a fluid leakage problem. After a year or two most of them no longer work
> properly. There was some other company who was making fluid units as higher quality replacements
> but I forget which company it was.

I have found the opposite to be true. I've had a Cycleops fluid trainer for 7 years, and have had 0
problems in that time span. Just sold it to a friend of mine a few weeks ago and replaced with a new
unit. So far, no issues.

Tom