NashBar Ventoux - Look Compatibility

Lou D'Amelio

Guest
Hi - replaced Look road pedals on my winter beater with Nashbar Ventoux - being a cheap SOB, I
couldn't resist pedals and cleats at $24.95. From the photos in the catalog, I assumed the cleats as
well as the pedals were complete (compatible) Look knock-offs. As it turns out, the Nashbar cleat
has a slightly different shape in the back than the Look. On the trainer, it seems as though my Look
shoes (red Arc) clip in and work OK with just a little more float than the Nashbar red cleats. For
now, I'll use the Nashbar cleats that came with the pedals. When it comes replacement time, I'd like
to use Looks as they are more readily available. Anyone know about this combo ?

Thanks..................Lou D'Amelio

"Lou D'Amelio" wrote:
> Hi - replaced Look road pedals on my winter beater with Nashbar Ventoux - being a cheap SOB, I
> couldn't resist pedals and cleats at $24.95. From the photos in the catalog, I assumed the cleats
> as well as the pedals were complete (compatible) Look knock-offs. As it turns out, the Nashbar
> cleat has a slightly different shape in the back than the Look. On the trainer, it seems as though
> my Look shoes (red Arc) clip in and work OK with just a little more float than the Nashbar red
> cleats. For now, I'll use the Nashbar cleats that came with the pedals. When it comes replacement
> time, I'd like to use Looks as they are more readily available. Anyone know about this combo ?

How much does Nashbar charge for replacement cleats for their pedal? The Look cleats are no bargain,
so you might as well buy a couple sets of Nashbar cleats before they go obsolete. Using Look cleats
with the Nashbar pedals *might* work, but I'd be concerned about not being able to unclip easily, or
accidentally unclipping.

Art Harris