Nasty "jackass" type crash.

"Wally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> Caution: understandably bad language accompanies the clip and there
>> are some dodgy website links around it ;-)
>>
>> http://abum.com/show/8511/nasty_crash.wmv

> As a matter of interest, did any of the dodgy links with the photos have
> locations under them? If so, were they from around your area?

Yes, I'm just off out to investigate a few of the more interesting ones now
;-)

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:58:01 GMT, "Wally" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> Caution: understandably bad language accompanies the clip and there
>> are some dodgy website links around it ;-)
>>
>> http://abum.com/show/8511/nasty_crash.wmv

>As a matter of interest, did any of the dodgy links with the photos have
>locations under them? If so, were they from around your area?

lol...yes indeed, thought that was rather conincidental. just a slight
matter of 25 yrs I need to overcome first. ah, them pills is good..

that crash: f**k sake, thought he'd broken his neck at first. bloke
who's filming sounds so shocked. like, it was always going to be
successful? still, ya pays ya money..

Garry

Simon Mason wrote:

>> As a matter of interest, did any of the dodgy links with the photos
>> have locations under them? If so, were they from around your area?

> Yes, I'm just off out to investigate a few of the more interesting
> ones now ;-)

Is your area somewhere in the south east of Scotland?

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

garryb59 wrote:

>> As a matter of interest, did any of the dodgy links with the photos
>> have locations under them? If so, were they from around your area?

> lol...yes indeed, thought that was rather conincidental.

Are you in the south east of Scotland?

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:11:47 GMT, "Wally" <[email protected]> wrote:

>garryb59 wrote:
>
>>> As a matter of interest, did any of the dodgy links with the photos
>>> have locations under them? If so, were they from around your area?

>> lol...yes indeed, thought that was rather conincidental.

>Are you in the south east of Scotland?

No. Chesham, Bucks, England.

I have beautiful women all around me, just a click away.

Garry

"Wally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Simon Mason wrote:
>
>>> As a matter of interest, did any of the dodgy links with the photos
>>> have locations under them? If so, were they from around your area?

>> Yes, I'm just off out to investigate a few of the more interesting
>> ones now ;-)

> Is your area somewhere in the south east of Scotland?

No, I think the site looks at your ISP details and then tailors the adverts
to your individual location. I suppose it's the same principle that occurs
if you have a website of your own. You can see which parts of the world are
hitting your site.

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

"garryb59" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> lol...yes indeed, thought that was rather conincidental. just a slight
> matter of 25 yrs I need to overcome first. ah, them pills is good..

Indeed - but my supply seems to have dried up since I got my new spam filter
installed ;-)

--

In article <[email protected]>, Simon Mason wrote:
>"Wally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Simon Mason wrote:
>>
>>> Caution: understandably bad language accompanies the clip and there
>>> are some dodgy website links around it ;-)
>>>
>>> http://abum.com/show/8511/nasty_crash.wmv

>> As a matter of interest, did any of the dodgy links with the photos have
>> locations under them? If so, were they from around your area?

>Yes, I'm just off out to investigate a few of the more interesting ones now
>;-)

Ipswich for the ones I got, which isn't _very_ far away, so the location
detection works reasonably.

If I wasn't
i) happily married
ii) probably not what they are looking for
iii) cynical enough to suspect the photos aren't all really them
I might investigate further myself.

Simon Mason wrote:

> From the USA comes this clip of a cyclist attempting a stunt while his buddy
> films it.
>
> Caution: understandably bad language accompanies the clip and there are some
> dodgy website links around it ;-)
>
> http://abum.com/show/8511/nasty_crash.wmv

As usual, WMP downloaded a codec then gave me audio-only. Worthless
pile of cr*p.

Simon Mason wrote:
> "garryb59" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
> > lol...yes indeed, thought that was rather conincidental. just a slight
> > matter of 25 yrs I need to overcome first. ah, them pills is good..

> Indeed - but my supply seems to have dried up since I got my new spam filter
> installed ;-)

Somehow in this context installing a spam filter sounds dirty.

Simon Mason wrote:
> No, I think the site looks at your ISP details and then tailors the adverts
> to your individual location. I suppose it's the same principle that occurs
> if you have a website of your own. You can see which parts of the world are
> hitting your site.

It does. An entertaining side effect of my internet connection is that
for some reason they all believe me to live in or near Ipswich. Only a
few hundred miles out!

Jon

Alan Braggins <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Yes, I'm just off out to investigate a few of the more interesting ones now
> >;-)

> Ipswich for the ones I got, which isn't _very_ far away, so the location
> detection works reasonably.
>
> If I wasn't
> i) happily married
> ii) probably not what they are looking for
> iii) cynical enough to suspect the photos aren't all really them
> I might investigate further myself.

You'll see the same photods wherever you go.

Daniele

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:47:27 +0100, Zog The Undeniable
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> From the USA comes this clip of a cyclist attempting a stunt while his buddy
>> films it.
>>
>> Caution: understandably bad language accompanies the clip and there are some
>> dodgy website links around it ;-)
>>
>> http://abum.com/show/8511/nasty_crash.wmv
>>

>As usual, WMP downloaded a codec then gave me audio-only. Worthless
>pile of cr*p.

Here's a short description.

Young lad on top of narrow 3 ' high wall on bicycle.

Other (lad) filming says that lad on wall will ride along top of wall
then at end of wall jump over metal fence 2' 6" high and 4' away from
end of wall.

Lad on wall cycles slowly, filming lad shouts faster, faster.

At end of wall, lad on bicycle pulls up handlebars and bike gets
airborne. Front wheel sails nicely over fence, back wheel catches top
of fence, but goes over. Bike now heading vertically down. Airborne
lad makes touchdown on pavement face first.

Lots of swearing from filming lad.

Close up of rearranged face and bloodstained paving slabs.

Filming lad is very sweet in his reassurance to injured party saying,
"At least I got all that on film, isn't that cool." Injured party
looks particularly uninterested about the film.

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 05:51:10 +0100 someone who may be Bertie Wiggins
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>Airborne lad makes touchdown on pavement face first. [snip]
>
>Close up of rearranged face and bloodstained paving slabs.

So, if he wasn't wearing a helmet why did he not die? If he was
wearing one did it save his life?

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

David Hansen wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 05:51:10 +0100 someone who may be Bertie Wiggins
> <[email protected]> wrote this:-
>
> > Airborne lad makes touchdown on pavement face first. [snip]
> >
> > Close up of rearranged face and bloodstained paving slabs.

> So, if he wasn't wearing a helmet why did he not die? If he was
> wearing one did it save his life?

And how would it have saved his face (yes I know there are h*lm*ts with
face guards but they are few and far between).
--
This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 08:13:18 GMT someone who may be "soup"
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>And how would it have saved his face (yes I know there are h*lm*ts with
>face guards but they are few and far between).

"Minor details" like that have never stopped the likes of BSHIT from
claiming magic properties for helmets.

David Hansen wrote:
> So, if he wasn't wearing a helmet why did he not die? If he was
> wearing one did it save his life?

He wasn't, yet remarkably his legs appeared uninjured. A caption at the
end of the film states that he's now cycling again, but wears a helmet.

--
Danny Colyer (my reply address is valid but checked infrequently)
<URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>