National Masters Champs

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by adam85, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. adam85

    adam85 Guest

    Hey warrwych! How'd you go? My clubmate won 3 gold and 1 silver in Mens
    Masters 6! Not a bad haul hey?

    Anyone else from here race?

    Adam

    Tags:

  2. Boostland

    Boostland Guest

    "adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey warrwych! How'd you go? My clubmate won 3 gold and 1 silver in Mens
    > Masters 6! Not a bad haul hey?
    >
    > Anyone else from here race?
    >
    > Adam

    I have a few friends and guys I race with doing quite well at the masters
    nats.

    Steve Darracott 1st Masters 5 2000m pursuit 2m 23.7 (Australian
    Allcomers record)
    Dennis Blunden 1st Masters 9 2000m pursuit
    Brian Radcliffe 3rd Masters 6 2000m pursuit 2m 32

    Dennis runs the local track racing events here in Newcastle and trains a
    heap of youngsters (me included as I am only MMAS2) on the velodrome.

    Steve Darracott 3rd Masters 5 Sprint
    Steve Darracott 3rd Masters 5 500m TT
    Steve Darracott 3rd Masters 5 Pointscore
    Brian Radcliffe 3rd Masters 6 Scratch race
    Dennis Blunden 2nd Masters 9 Scratch race

    I race against Brian on the road and track (during track season) nearly
    every week and find him always in contention for the race, and I race
    against Steve on the road at the Vets races and am yet to beat him, I was
    close on one occasion but he swung over onto my front wheel and I came down
    in the final sprint.

  3. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004
    Not the Track, but I'm down to do the RR on Sunday, If work doesn't get in the way:mad:

  4. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009

    hehe hey Adam! 5th in the IP on a pb but disappointed in my time - was going for 4 seconds faster. Not sure what happened, just one of those rides. 4th in the TT on a pb - stoked with that one, and 5th in the scratch with some hairy racing and tactics. Was in the bunch until the bell lap, where I just didn't have the legs when the 2 speed queens hit the accelerator and was off the back by 15 m into the final home straight over the finish line.

    overall I am pretty happy with how I went, as I wasn't expecting to medal (not this year).

    There was some awesome racing, and anyone who says masters racing is a cheesecake walk should come and do some walking then.

  5. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Beauty, well done. You can't do much better than a pb! Thanks for the report, looks like some very strong competition there. I'll try and make it next year.

  6. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    There was some awesome competition. Poor Stuart Vaughan's excellent TT ride was thoroughly overshadowed by that other bloke on the track who cracked a new world best time for the 750m TT. Fantastic to watch.

    Ron Boyle blistered up the track, Steve Sansonetti did the same. Mas 4 point score was incredible with the winner (Taylor?? Peter Taylor?? apologies for the mind blank) lapping the field several times, and Clint McDonnell taking a serious punt on himself and earning his money back with interest for a silver. Tanya Bosch was seriously inspiring having returned to track after being seriously unwell 6 mths or so ago, medalling to boot.

  7. adam85

    adam85 Guest

    "warrwych" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > adam85 Wrote:
    >> Beauty, well done. You can't do much better than a pb! Thanks for the
    >> report, looks like some very strong competition there. I'll try and
    >> make it next year.

    > There was some awesome competition. Poor Stuart Vaughan's excellent TT
    > ride was thoroughly overshadowed by that other bloke on the track who
    > cracked a new world best time for the 750m TT. Fantastic to watch.
    >
    > Ron Boyle blistered up the track, Steve Sansonetti did the same. Mas 4
    > point score was incredible with the winner (Taylor?? Peter Taylor??
    > apologies for the mind blank) lapping the field several times, and
    > Clint McDonnell taking a serious punt on himself and earning his money
    > back with interest for a silver. Tanya Bosch was seriously inspiring
    > having returned to track after being seriously unwell 6 mths or so ago,
    > medalling to boot.

    That would be Craig Taylor, I have to race against him in Masters up
    here...a great rider. And Ron Boyle flies doesn't he! Must be good genetics
    in that family, you probably know Ron cycled in the Olympics in 76 and I'm
    sure you remember his sister Raelene. And I have read about the Kings in a
    few mags.

    Adam