General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Nationalities poll

Started by Scotty · · Last activity · 213 posts · 4,584 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 February 2005
Last activity
24 February 2005
Original author
Scotty
Posts
213
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,584
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 213
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Scotty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no...

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a


    knot

    Quoted message said:

    when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into


    Google

    Quoted message said:

    to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    name of the country from which tou are posting.

    The Republic of Texas.

    Mary

  2. "Scotty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no...

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,
    or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have
    been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into
    Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to
    post the name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

  3. MareCat said:

    "Scotty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no...

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a


    knot

    Quoted message said:

    when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into


    Google

    Quoted message said:

    to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    name of the country from which tou are posting.

    The Republic of Texas.
    Mary

    El Paso, West Taxes, USA

  4. On Tue 08 Feb 2005 12:51:34p, The Joneses wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    MareCat said:

    "Scotty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no...

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in
    a knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency,
    quantity, or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I,
    myself have been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a
    store name into Google to find out its location! On that note, I
    invite any and all to post the name of the country from which tou are
    posting.

    The Republic of Texas.
    Mary

    El Paso, West Taxes, USA

    Hmmm... Didn't know there were geographical taxes! :-)

    Wayne (away, and presently in Salt Lake)

  5. Scotty wrote in message ...

    Quoted message said:


    "Scotty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no...

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,
    or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have
    been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into
    Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to
    post the name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Scott.

    Canada.

    USofA. North of Canada 🙂

    --
    saerah

    TANSTAAFL

    CrzyBitch (3:25:06 AM): I'm a secret agent, and a princess

    Quoted message said:


    Scott.

    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

  6. Scotty said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a knot
    when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into Google
    to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Scott.

    San Diego, CA

    or (rarely)

    Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

    jim

  7. "Scotty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no...

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,
    or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have
    been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into
    Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to
    post the name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Scott.

    Houston, Tx. Southeast, about 60 miles from Galveston

  8. Quoted message said:


    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a knot
    when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into Google
    to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Scott.

    The United States of America, living and posting at the present, from Texas.
    Rosie

  9. Wayne Boatwright said:


    On Mon 07 Feb 2005 10:26:44p, Scotty wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency,
    quantity, or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I,
    myself have been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a
    store name into Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite
    any and all to post the name of the country from which tou are posting.
    I'll be first.

    Scott.

    Apache Junction, AZ, USA

    Wayne

    Hey Wayne, I've actually been to Apache Junction.
    I used to have a friend who lived there. Small
    world.
    Kate
    --
    Kate Connally
    “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
    Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.”
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    [email hidden]

  10. Wayne Boatwright said:


    On Mon 07 Feb 2005 10:26:44p, Scotty wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency,
    quantity, or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I,
    myself have been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a
    store name into Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite
    any and all to post the name of the country from which tou are posting.
    I'll be first.

    Scott.

    Apache Junction, AZ, USA

    Wayne

    Hey Wayne, I've actually been to Apache Junction.
    I used to have a friend who lived there. Small
    world.
    Kate
    --
    Kate Connally
    “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
    Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.”
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    [email hidden]

  11. C. James Strutz said:


    "Scotty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no...

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,
    or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have
    been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into
    Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to
    post the name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

    Hi, Neighbor! Me, too. What part?
    I'm currently actually in Wilkins Twp. but
    I've lived in McKees Rocks, Kennedy Twp.,
    Plum Boro, the North Side, Shadyside, Forest
    Hills, and further afield Mt. Pleasant and
    Scottdale. :-)

    Kate
    --
    Kate Connally
    “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
    Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.”
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    [email hidden]

  12. C. James Strutz said:


    "Scotty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no...

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,
    or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have
    been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into
    Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to
    post the name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

    Hi, Neighbor! Me, too. What part?
    I'm currently actually in Wilkins Twp. but
    I've lived in McKees Rocks, Kennedy Twp.,
    Plum Boro, the North Side, Shadyside, Forest
    Hills, and further afield Mt. Pleasant and
    Scottdale. :-)

    Kate
    --
    Kate Connally
    “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
    Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.”
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    [email hidden]

  13. Scotty said:


    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a knot
    when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into Google
    to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Scott.

    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Kate

    --
    Kate Connally
    “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
    Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.”
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    [email hidden]

  14. Scotty said:


    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a knot
    when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into Google
    to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Scott.

    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Kate

    --
    Kate Connally
    “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
    Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.”
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    [email hidden]

  15. Kate Connally <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    I'm currently actually in Wilkins Twp. but
    I've lived in McKees Rocks, Kennedy Twp.,
    Plum Boro, the North Side, Shadyside, Forest
    Hills, and further afield Mt. Pleasant and
    Scottdale. :-)

    I'm surprised there's no mention of Fox Chapel!

    The Ranger

  16. Kate Connally <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    I'm currently actually in Wilkins Twp. but
    I've lived in McKees Rocks, Kennedy Twp.,
    Plum Boro, the North Side, Shadyside, Forest
    Hills, and further afield Mt. Pleasant and
    Scottdale. :-)

    I'm surprised there's no mention of Fox Chapel!

    The Ranger

  17. In article <o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no>, "Scotty"

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in
    a knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency,
    quantity, or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I,
    myself have been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a
    store name into Google to find out its location! On that note, I
    invite any and all to post the name of the country from which tou are
    posting. I'll be first.

    Quoted message said:


    Scott.

    Northwestern East Elbonia. "-)
    I cry for happy. Soon is froghop season and virgin sacrifices.
    --
    -Barb
    <www.jamlady.eboard.com>; Sam pics added 2-7-05
    "I got the motive, which is money; and the body, which is dead!" - Rod
    Steiger as Sheriff Gillespie, "In the Heat of the Night," 1967.

  18. Scotty said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a


    knot

    Quoted message said:

    when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into


    Google

    Quoted message said:

    to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Utah, midway between Salt Lake City and Provo

    <and it's true when they say when you come to Utah, set your clocks back
    twenty years>

  19. "Steve Calvin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I invite any and all to post the name of the country from
    which tou are posting. I'll be first.


    Poughkeepsie, New York, USA
    --
    Steve

    That's where the groundhog hides out, right?

    Elaine
    Ontario, Canada

  20. "Scotty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no>...

    Quoted message said:

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a knot
    when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into Google
    to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Scott.

    walamalacalucy aka.
    pauline
    England

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.