Nationalities poll

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Scotty, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. Scotty

    Scotty Guest

    There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a knot
    when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into Google
    to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Scott.

    Tags:

  2. Scotty

    Scotty Guest

    "Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    > knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,
    > or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have
    > been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into
    > Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to
    > post the name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.
    >
    > Scott.

    Canada.

    Scott.

  3. On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:27:20 GMT, "Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I invite any and all to
    >post the name of the country from which tou are posting.

    These United States of America

    Carol

  4. sf

    sf Guest

    Not quite a few. One.
    `````````

    On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:26:44 GMT, "Scotty"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a knot
    > when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    > location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    > the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into Google
    > to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    > name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.
    >
    > Scott.

    sf

  5. Beaker

    Beaker Guest

    On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:27:20 GMT, Scotty quoth:
    >> On that note, I invite any and all to
    >> post the name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    North Sandwich Islands

    bkr

  6. On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:26:44 GMT, "Scotty" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a knot
    >when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    >location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    >the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into Google
    >to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    >name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.
    >
    >Scott.

    Switzerland.

    Nathalie

  7. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    >> There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    >> knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,
    >> or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have
    >> been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into
    >> Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to
    >> post the name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.
    >>
    >> Scott.
    >>

    > Canada.

    Scotland

    Ophelia

  8. On Mon 07 Feb 2005 10:26:44p, Scotty wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    > knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency,
    > quantity, or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I,
    > myself have been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a
    > store name into Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite
    > any and all to post the name of the country from which tou are posting.
    > I'll be first.
    >
    > Scott.

    Apache Junction, AZ, USA

    Wayne

  9. > On Mon 07 Feb 2005 10:26:44p, Scotty wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    >> There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    >> knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency,
    >> quantity, or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I,
    >> myself have been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a
    >> store name into Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite
    >> any and all to post the name of the country from which tou are posting.
    >> I'll be first.
    >>
    >> Scott.

    Cranebrook, New South Wales, Australia

  10. Pan Ohco

    Pan Ohco Guest

    wrote:

    >Canada.
    >
    >Scott.

    Lower Alabama USA

    Pan Ohco

  11. One time on Usenet, "Scotty" <[email protected]> said:

    > On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    > name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    <snip>

    State of Washington, USA. I've also been known to post from a state
    of annoyance, but that's another story...

    --
    J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
    "You still haven't explained why the pool is

  12. Robert Lee

    Robert Lee Guest

    "Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a
    > knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,
    > or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have
    > been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into
    > Google to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to
    > post the name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.
    >
    > Scott.

    Nome, Alaska USA

    Robert

  13. Vilco

    Vilco Guest

    Mi e' parso che Scotty abbia scritto:

    > I invite any and all to post the name of the country from
    > which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Italia.
    --
    Vilco
    Think Pink , Drink Rose'

  14. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Vilco wrote:
    > Mi e' parso che Scotty abbia scritto:
    >

    >>I invite any and all to post the name of the country from
    >>which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    Poughkeepsie, New York, USA

    --
    Steve

    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
    Autograph your work with excellence.

  15. Bob Myers

    Bob Myers Guest

    "Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a

    knot
    > when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
    > location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
    > the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into

    Google
    > to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
    > name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    At the moment, California. Normally, Colorado.

    And if you don't think those are separate countries, I would
    invite you to visit both...:)

    Bob M.

  16. nina

    nina Guest

    Scotty wrote:
    > There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in

    a knot
    > when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,

    or
    > location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have

    been
    > the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into

    Google
    > to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post

    the
    > name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.
    >
    > Scott.

    puerto rico,usa

  17. nina

    nina Guest

    Scotty wrote:
    > There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in

    a knot
    > when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,

    or
    > location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have

    been
    > the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into

    Google
    > to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post

    the
    > name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.
    >
    > Scott.

    puerto rico,usa

  18. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Scotty <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [snip]
    > > post the name of the country from which tou are posting.
    > > I'll be first.

    > Canada.

    People's (DemoKratic) Republic of Californi[cated]a, USofA.

    The Ranger

  19. The Ranger

    The Ranger Guest

    Scotty <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [snip]
    > > post the name of the country from which tou are posting.
    > > I'll be first.

    > Canada.

    People's (DemoKratic) Republic of Californi[cated]a, USofA.

    The Ranger

  20. Rusty

    Rusty Guest

    Scotty wrote:
    > There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in

    a knot
    > when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity,

    or
    > location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have

    been
    > the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into

    Google
    > to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post

    the
    > name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.

    38° 31' N. - 121° 30' W.

    ;-)

    __
    Rusty