Nationalities poll

>On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:26:44 GMT, "Scotty" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a knot
>>when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
>>location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
>>the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into Google
>>to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
>>name of the country from which tou are posting. I'll be first.
>>
>>Scott.

Even though I'm fairly new, I'll play.

Jeanne
Toledo OH USA

Sheldon wrote:

> > Scotty wrote:
> >I invite any and all to post the name of the country from >which you

> are.
> Brooklyn... presents deliciously *every* coozine... yoose wanna make
> sumthin.
> Sheldon

My son, the future Pulitzer winner, just got back from a freezin' trip to
New York on business. He like Brooklyn best.
Edrena

Sheldon wrote:

> > Scotty wrote:
> >I invite any and all to post the name of the country from >which you

> are.
> Brooklyn... presents deliciously *every* coozine... yoose wanna make
> sumthin.
> Sheldon

My son, the future Pulitzer winner, just got back from a freezin' trip to
New York on business. He like Brooklyn best.
Edrena

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:25:24 GMT, "MareCat" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a

>knot
>> when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
>> location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
>> the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into

>Google
>> to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
>> name of the country from which tou are posting.

>The Republic of Texas.

I thought those guys got busted back when Clinton was still Prez and I
was still smart.

I'm in Cow Hill, Texas, which is ENE of Dallas enough that I don't eat
Thai nearly enough.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

wrote:

>"Scotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in a

>knot
>> when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency, quantity, or
>> location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I, myself have been
>> the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a store name into

>Google
>> to find out its location! On that note, I invite any and all to post the
>> name of the country from which tou are posting.

>The Republic of Texas.

I thought those guys got busted back when Clinton was still Prez and I
was still smart.

I'm in Cow Hill, Texas, which is ENE of Dallas enough that I don't eat
Thai nearly enough.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:49:18 -0800, "The Ranger"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Kate Connally <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>[snip]
>> I'm currently actually in Wilkins Twp. but
>> I've lived in McKees Rocks, Kennedy Twp.,
>> Plum Boro, the North Side, Shadyside, Forest
>> Hills, and further afield Mt. Pleasant and
>> Scottdale. :)

>I'm surprised there's no mention of Fox Chapel!

Not to mention Squirrel Hill or the Southside Flats.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Kate Connally <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>[snip]
>> I'm currently actually in Wilkins Twp. but
>> I've lived in McKees Rocks, Kennedy Twp.,
>> Plum Boro, the North Side, Shadyside, Forest
>> Hills, and further afield Mt. Pleasant and
>> Scottdale. :)

>I'm surprised there's no mention of Fox Chapel!

Not to mention Squirrel Hill or the Southside Flats.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:50:37 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no>, "Scotty"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in
>> a knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency,
>> quantity, or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I,
>> myself have been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a
>> store name into Google to find out its location! On that note, I
>> invite any and all to post the name of the country from which tou are
>> posting. I'll be first.

>> Scott.

>Northwestern East Elbonia. "-)
>I cry for happy. Soon is froghop season and virgin sacrifices.

Virgins? Where?

<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <o4YNd.318338$8l.95341@pd7tw1no>, "Scotty"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> There seems to be quite a few posters here that get their knickers in
>> a knot when an American poster refers to a food, spice, currency,
>> quantity, or location that doesn't identify his country of origin. I,
>> myself have been the victim on occasion. I have had to (gasp!) type a
>> store name into Google to find out its location! On that note, I
>> invite any and all to post the name of the country from which tou are
>> posting. I'll be first.

>> Scott.

>Northwestern East Elbonia. "-)
>I cry for happy. Soon is froghop season and virgin sacrifices.

Virgins? Where?

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

"Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Usually in a State of Confusion, now in
> Fargo, in the State of North Dakota
> (but you can see Minnesota from here)
>
> Lynn Gifford

I'm in a little cottage in England with a rug pulled up over my knees
enjoying all your posts.. I may jump in now and again.....

Peter

"Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Usually in a State of Confusion, now in
> Fargo, in the State of North Dakota
> (but you can see Minnesota from here)
>
> Lynn Gifford

I'm in a little cottage in England with a rug pulled up over my knees
enjoying all your posts.. I may jump in now and again.....

Peter

"Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Usually in a State of Confusion, now in
> Fargo, in the State of North Dakota
> (but you can see Minnesota from here)
>
> Lynn Gifford

I'm in a little cottage in England with a rug pulled up over my knees
enjoying all your posts.. I may jump in now and again.....

Peter

Steve Calvin <[email protected]> asked in message
news:[email protected]...
> The Ranger wrote:
> > I'm not a listener of ol' Propaganda Bill but I know what
> > really irks and terrifies my Kanook friends.
> >

> Wanna name me one person who *isn't* propaganda
> "whomever"? AIN'T none!

Dave Barry? Andy Rooney? Steve Martin? Bill Cosby?

The Ranger

PS: Michael Moore?