Nationals

Yippie Kye Ay said:
Look at this page from usacycling. It appears they have relocated nationals to Champion PA even though Park City was supposed to be the spot of the 06 championships. This is dissapointing for me because now I have to travel cross-country to attend nationals instead of driving 5 hours.

http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=1977

but its not at altitude and there are a ton of really good junior riders out east, although it sucks for the park city cycling center

Yippie Kye Ay said:
Look at this page from usacycling. It appears they have relocated nationals to Champion PA even though Park City was supposed to be the spot of the 06 championships. This is dissapointing for me because now I have to travel cross-country to attend nationals instead of driving 5 hours.

http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=1977
Sorry you're bummed, but I'm ecstatic! Only a 10 hr drive! And I think having it back east is fair after two years out west. Plus altitude races are a bit unfair I think. Also, I've heard the course will be super tough if it's the same as it was in 2003 for elites. Multiple mile climbs at brutal grades. Not too sure about the tt, the best description I've found for it is "rolling hills." Has to be better than the wind I heard was at tt nats this year.

It will definitely be a better course back east. With FAR more specators to cheer. Last year during the time trial the only specator in the humid hot bug infested course was the time man.

if you are over 15 and you are considering racing nationals, you have to be a liscensed CATAGORY 3 racer.

orbearider1212 said:
if you are over 15 and you are considering racing nationals, you have to be a liscensed CATAGORY 3 racer.
Boo hoo :(. It's only a few hours from me now... maybe I'll go to watch, who knows.

PartisanRanger said:
Boo hoo :(. It's only a few hours from me now... maybe I'll go to watch, who knows.
Stupid rule-you know you can upgrade to cat 3 based on junior race results, right?

orbearider1212 said:
Well, Looks like I'll have to stick to the states next year but in my last year( or two) as a junior I would like to race Nats. ( I will be starting next season as a Cat 4 hopefully) but I want to be a 3 by this time next year.

whoawhoa said:
Stupid rule-you know you can upgrade to cat 3 based on junior race results, right?

You Can!

Great, I've got loads of good junior results.