natural cures

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by George Lagergren, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. Topic: "Natural Cures" book

    I was quicking browsering thru the updated edition of the "Natural Cures"
    book by Kevin Trudeau at a book store. His number one idea for better
    health is to eliminate dairy and cows' book from one's diet. A book
    recommendation for this area is given: "Milk: The Deadly Poison".

    His TV info-commerical for the updated edition of this book is seen thru out
    the day.

    Tags:

  2. JohnDoe

    JohnDoe Guest

    George Lagergren wrote:
    > Topic: "Natural Cures" book
    >
    > I was quicking browsering thru the updated edition of the "Natural Cures"
    > book by Kevin Trudeau at a book store. His number one idea for better
    > health is to eliminate dairy and cows' book from one's diet. A book
    > recommendation for this area is given: "Milk: The Deadly Poison".
    >
    > His TV info-commerical for the updated edition of this book is seen thru out
    > the day.

    Does he still call it 'Natural cures "They" don't want you to know
    about'? What is it about alt-med types that they all seem to suffer from
    freakin' paranoia.
    I'm sure you love Kevin since he seems to agree with you on milk. Funny
    thing is he's only mentioning it just once during his infomercial. His
    focus is on natural cures, not milk. And he mentiones milk only because
    it might contain hormones, not a word about mucus or glue or
    strep-throats. So it seems he does not share your ideas about milk.
    Doesn't that make him evil? He's a shill for the dairy industry George!
    And you can see him on TV thru out the day? You have any idea what that
    costs? Can you imagine how much money he's making on gullible folks
    (like yourself).

  3. Topic: "Natural Cures" book

    "JohnDoe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Does he still call it 'Natural cures "They" don't want you to know
    > about'? What is it about alt-med types that they all seem to suffer from
    > freakin' paranoia.
    > I'm sure you love Kevin since he seems to agree with you on milk. Funny

    My holistic, 100% mercury-free dentist is also "down" on cows'
    milk.

  4. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    I'm new to this group... so I hope I don't step on any toes here. Let
    me appologize in advance if I do.

    I've been reading through all of these milk posts and I have yet to find
    anyone that differentiates between milk bought in a regular super market
    and whole, raw milk that comes from animals that eat a diet natural to
    their species. The difference is night and day... not only in the
    taste, but in the nutritional profile and health benefits.

    In California there's a dairy called Organic Pastures
    (http://www.organicpastures.com) where they keep their cows on fresh,
    green grass 24 / 7. The milk from these cows is very health-promoting.
    In fact, if you browse the site you'll see that even when pathogens like
    e-coli were introduced into the milk, the milk killed them off... while
    still allowing the beneficial bacteria to grow.

    Another site you can check out is www.realmilk.com It's a good place to
    start if you're trying to learn the difference between real milk from
    healthy animals and the junk sold in stores.

    Good luck.

    Max.

  5. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    Max C. wrote:
    > I'm new to this group... so I hope I don't step on any toes here. Let
    > me appologize in advance if I do.
    >
    > I've been reading through all of these milk posts and I have yet to find
    > anyone that differentiates between milk bought in a regular super market
    > and whole, raw milk that comes from animals that eat a diet natural to
    > their species. The difference is night and day... not only in the
    > taste, but in the nutritional profile and health benefits.
    >
    > In California there's a dairy called Organic Pastures
    > (http://www.organicpastures.com) where they keep their cows on fresh,
    > green grass 24 / 7. The milk from these cows is very health-promoting.
    > In fact, if you browse the site you'll see that even when pathogens like
    > e-coli were introduced into the milk, the milk killed them off... while
    > still allowing the beneficial bacteria to grow.
    >
    > Another site you can check out is www.realmilk.com It's a good place to
    > start if you're trying to learn the difference between real milk from
    > healthy animals and the junk sold in stores.
    >
    > Good luck.

    Max, George needs to learn more about milk. Please help him.

  6. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    Dr. Joseph Mercola of www.mercola.com was also "down on cow's milk"
    until he did some thinking for himself. Upon really digging in to the
    topic he discovered that there is a huge difference from the milk
    commonly available in stores and milk that comes from healthy animals
    eating their natural diets.

    Rather than just making a blanket statement about all milk, I suggest
    you go to Dr. Mercola's site and do a little searching. You'll find
    hundreds of articles support both sides of the issue. The common theme
    you'll find is that milk from factory farmed cows is bad and milk from
    healthy, grass-fed cows is good.

    Also, in case you didn't catch my previous post, you should also check
    out www.realmilk.com There's a lot more information there.

    Max.

    > "JohnDoe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Does he still call it 'Natural cures "They" don't want you to know
    > > about'? What is it about alt-med types that they all seem to suffer from
    > > freakin' paranoia.
    > > I'm sure you love Kevin since he seems to agree with you on milk. Funny

    > My holistic, 100% mercury-free dentist is also "down" on cows'
    > milk.

  7. keifario

    keifario Guest

    George Lagergren wrote:
    > Topic: "Natural Cures" book
    >
    > I was quicking browsering thru the updated edition of the "Natural Cures"
    > book by Kevin Trudeau at a book store. His number one idea for better
    > health is to eliminate dairy and cows' book from one's diet. A book
    > recommendation for this area is given: "Milk: The Deadly Poison".
    >
    > His TV info-commerical for the updated edition of this book is seen thru out
    > the day.

    Kevin Trudeau is a fraud. Don't listen to anything that man says about
    nutrition. He's a salesman. He'll say anything to make a buck. Do
    some quick research on google about him and you'll see what I'm talking
    about. I'm not saying milk is good or not good, but obviously it's not
    a friggin "deadly poison" or we'd have corpses littering the streets
    all over the world.

    k.a.

  8. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Max C. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Dr. Joseph Mercola of www.mercola.com was also "down on cow's milk"
    >until he did some thinking for himself. Upon really digging in to the
    >topic he discovered that there is a huge difference from the milk
    >commonly available in stores and milk that comes from healthy animals
    >eating their natural diets.
    >
    >Rather than just making a blanket statement about all milk, I suggest
    >you go to Dr. Mercola's site and do a little searching. You'll find
    >hundreds of articles support both sides of the issue. The common theme
    >you'll find is that milk from factory farmed cows is bad and milk from
    >healthy, grass-fed cows is good.

    You'll also find a nutball article that claims that autism is caused
    by pasteurizing milk. Have fun.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, wholesome and
    natural things that money can buy."
    -- Steve Martin

    >Also, in case you didn't catch my previous post, you should also check
    >out www.realmilk.com There's a lot more information there.
    >
    >Max.
    >

    >> "JohnDoe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> > Does he still call it 'Natural cures "They" don't want you to know
    >> > about'? What is it about alt-med types that they all seem to suffer from
    >> > freakin' paranoia.
    >> > I'm sure you love Kevin since he seems to agree with you on milk. Funny

    >> My holistic, 100% mercury-free dentist is also "down" on cows'
    >> milk.

  9. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    keifario <[email protected]> wrote:
    >George Lagergren wrote:
    >> Topic: "Natural Cures" book
    >>
    >> I was quicking browsering thru the updated edition of the "Natural Cures"
    >> book by Kevin Trudeau at a book store. His number one idea for better
    >> health is to eliminate dairy and cows' book from one's diet. A book
    >> recommendation for this area is given: "Milk: The Deadly Poison".
    >>
    >> His TV info-commerical for the updated edition of this book is seen thru out
    >> the day.

    >Kevin Trudeau is a fraud. Don't listen to anything that man says about
    >nutrition. He's a salesman. He'll say anything to make a buck. Do
    >some quick research on google about him and you'll see what I'm talking
    >about. I'm not saying milk is good or not good, but obviously it's not
    >a friggin "deadly poison" or we'd have corpses littering the streets
    >all over the world.

    Corpses with little milk mustaches, that is.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, wholesome and
    natural things that money can buy."
    -- Steve Martin

  10. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    > You'll also find a nutball article that claims that autism is caused
    > by pasteurizing milk. Have fun.

    Oh I get it. That's funny. You think that by poopooing one article
    among hundreds you've discredited the entire web site. Well, the
    articles on the sites I mentioned are full of references. You're
    welcome to look them up. See, I know I'm new here, but I've already
    been told that this group is more of a scientific group. Poopooing one
    article, one among hundreds, based on your own *opinion* isn't science.
    It's your opinion.

    You also seem to be completely missing the point. The point of the
    discussion is to find out if milk can be used in a healthy diet. Were
    you actually seeking that truth, you would have taken the time to look
    in to the references I mentioned. Rather, I get the impression you're
    trying to protect your ego and would say anything to try to discredit
    evidence that disproves your position.

    Let me tell you, having a healthy ego won't do your overall health a bit
    of good. If you're interested in the subject, dig in. If you're not,
    don't waste our time with your opinions.

    Max.

  11. David wrote:
    > You'll also find a nutball article that claims that autism is caused
    > by pasteurizing milk. Have fun.

    The pasteurized cow's milk must be actually drank. I have seen
    an article where a mother said that by taking her child off cow's milk,
    their autism had disappeared.

    "Max C." <[email protected]> replied:
    > You also seem to be completely missing the point. The point of the
    > discussion is to find out if milk can be used in a healthy diet. Were

    Maybe the point of the discussion should be whether cow's milk is
    actually a healthy food item.

  12. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Max C. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> You'll also find a nutball article that claims that autism is caused
    >> by pasteurizing milk. Have fun.

    >Oh I get it. That's funny. You think that by poopooing one article
    >among hundreds you've discredited the entire web site.

    Nope. But pointing out even one such insane article does throw a nice
    bright spotlight on Mercola's selectivity and judgement. It's not as
    though the pasteurization--autism article is the only such, either.
    How about those lunatic articles about how microwaves from the sun are
    fine, but microwaves from a microwave oven are horribly dangerous
    because the former are generated by DC but the latter are generated by
    AC?

    Mercola's site is *riddled* with this kind of crap and it's not as
    though the lunatic articles have some sort of flag on them to let you
    know which ones they are.

    >Well, the
    >articles on the sites I mentioned are full of references. You're
    >welcome to look them up. See, I know I'm new here, but I've already
    >been told that this group is more of a scientific group. Poopooing one
    >article, one among hundreds, based on your own *opinion* isn't science.
    >It's your opinion.

    Your posting was cross-posted to three different newsgroups. The
    sci.med.nutrition group is relatively scientific, but the
    misc.health.alternative group is not. If this bothers you, then
    edit your newsgroups line to only go to the groups you want.

    >You also seem to be completely missing the point. The point of the
    >discussion is to find out if milk can be used in a healthy diet. Were
    >you actually seeking that truth, you would have taken the time to look
    >in to the references I mentioned. Rather, I get the impression you're
    >trying to protect your ego and would say anything to try to discredit
    >evidence that disproves your position.

    Well, you're wrong, but you're new here, so I forgive you. I've done
    plenty of research myself, including an elimination diet, and milk is
    just fine for me, thanks.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, wholesome and
    natural things that money can buy."
    -- Steve Martin

  13. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    George Lagergren <[email protected]> wrote:
    >David wrote:
    >> You'll also find a nutball article that claims that autism is caused
    >> by pasteurizing milk. Have fun.

    > The pasteurized cow's milk must be actually drank. I have seen
    >an article where a mother said that by taking her child off cow's milk,
    >their autism had disappeared.

    I've seen an article about how people are kidnapped by aliens in
    flying saucers. Get a clue, George -- just because you've "seen an
    article" means NOTHING.

    >"Max C." <[email protected]> replied:
    >> You also seem to be completely missing the point. The point of the
    >> discussion is to find out if milk can be used in a healthy diet. Were

    > Maybe the point of the discussion should be whether cow's milk is
    >actually a healthy food item.

    For you, maybe it isn't. For me, however, it's just fine, and nothing
    you've ever posted changes that.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, wholesome and
    natural things that money can buy."
    -- Steve Martin

  14. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    > Maybe the point of the discussion should be whether cow's milk is
    > actually a healthy food item.

    It would appear from this sentence that you have not reviewed the links
    I provided. Otherwise you would have started to develop a distinction
    between store-bought milk and raw milk.

    You're still lumping it all together in one category.

  15. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    > Maybe the point of the discussion should be whether cow's milk is
    > actually a healthy food item.

    It would appear from this sentence that you have not reviewed the links
    I provided. Otherwise you would have started to develop a distinction
    between store-bought milk and raw milk.

    You're still lumping it all together in one category.

  16. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    > Maybe the point of the discussion should be whether cow's milk is
    > actually a healthy food item.

    It would appear from this sentence that you have not reviewed the links
    I provided. Otherwise you would have started to develop a distinction
    between store-bought milk and raw milk.

    You're still lumping it all together in one category.

  17. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    > Maybe the point of the discussion should be whether cow's milk is
    > actually a healthy food item.

    It would appear from this sentence that you have not reviewed the links
    I provided. Otherwise you would have started to develop a distinction
    between store-bought milk and raw milk.

    You're still lumping it all together in one category.

  18. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    > Maybe the point of the discussion should be whether cow's milk is
    > actually a healthy food item.

    It would appear from this sentence that you have not reviewed the links
    I provided. Otherwise you would have started to develop a distinction
    between store-bought milk and raw milk.

    You're still lumping it all together in one category.

  19. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    > Maybe the point of the discussion should be whether cow's milk is
    > actually a healthy food item.

    It would appear from this sentence that you have not reviewed the links
    I provided. Otherwise you would have started to develop a distinction
    between store-bought milk and raw milk.

    You're still lumping it all together in one category.

  20. Max C.

    Max C. Guest

    > Nope. But pointing out even one such insane article does throw a nice
    > bright spotlight on Mercola's selectivity and judgement.

    There's that opinion of yours again. Sorry, but I know and can verify
    Dr. Mercola's credentials... and I don't know yours. Given that one
    fact, I'd take his opinion over yours any day. And once again, such an
    article being "insane" is your opinion. All I had to do was Google the
    words PASTEURIZATION MILK and AUTISM to get thousands of hits on the
    subject. Right at the top was this very interesting one:

    http://www.autismcanada.org/News/HeatKilledBacteriaMarch132003.htm

    The first cases of autism started around the early 1940's. During that
    time a lot was changing in America. Vaccines were becomming popular,
    food refining processes were being developed and yes, pasteurization was
    well on its way in.

    I fail to see what evidence you have to disprove the article you mention
    on Mercola's site. Perhaps that's because I've found so much
    information online agreeing with the article.

    > It's not as
    > though the pasteurization--autism article is the only such, either.
    > How about those lunatic articles about how microwaves from the sun are
    > fine, but microwaves from a microwave oven are horribly dangerous
    > because the former are generated by DC but the latter are generated by
    > AC?

    I have no idea about the AC, DC portion of the article, but it seems
    that pubmed disagrees with your assertion that the notion of microwaves
    being dangerous is lunatic:

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?
    cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12474410&dopt=Abstract

    Microwaves from the sun are greatly filtered by our atmosphere.
    Microwaves from MW ovens and cell phone towers are not. It is
    undisputed that microwaves can change cellular structure. Don't believe
    me? Ask a nurse to heat refrigerated blood in a microwave before use.
    They won't do it because they know it'll kill the transfusion recipient.

    > Mercola's site is *riddled* with this kind of crap and it's not as
    > though the lunatic articles have some sort of flag on them to let you
    > know which ones they are.

    Well, once again it's your opinion. If you're not educated enough to
    filter out the "crap" for yourself then maybe it's not a good site for
    you to visit. Personally I find a lot of useful information there.

    > Your posting was cross-posted to three different newsgroups. The
    > sci.med.nutrition group is relatively scientific, but the
    > misc.health.alternative group is not. If this bothers you, then
    > edit your newsgroups line to only go to the groups you want.

    Sorry. I just hit reply. I didn't realize I was replying to more than
    one group.

    > Well, you're wrong, but you're new here, so I forgive you. I've done
    > plenty of research myself, including an elimination diet, and milk is
    > just fine for me, thanks.

    Oh now I get it. You agree with me... you're just one of those guys
    that gets his rocks off by disagreeing with people. Well, whatever make
    you happy... but from here on out, I'm going to require some evidence of
    your positions if you expect me to take you seriously. I did a search
    of this group for your name and couldn't find a single post from you
    where you offered anything other than your opinion. Sorry, but your
    opinion has no value to me unless it's supported by something I can
    verify... just as I did for you above.

    Max.