NBC U.S. Open epic finale and post-race video now up

steephill

Guest
Thanks to permission from NBC Sports and Red Five Sports Group, I've
posted over 30 minutes of high quality video from last weekend's great
finish and slightly lower quality video from the post-race interview
and recap:

finale and post-race recap and interview: http://www.steephill.tv/
or
http:// www.steephill.tv/2007/us-open-cycling-championships/finale-video.html
http://www.steephill.tv/2007/us-open-cycling-championships/interview-recap-video.html

Enjoy,
Steve
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

In article <[email protected]>,
"steephill" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks to permission from NBC Sports and Red Five Sports Group, I've
> posted over 30 minutes of high quality video from last weekend's great
> finish and slightly lower quality video from the post-race interview
> and recap:
>
> finale and post-race recap and interview: http://www.steephill.tv/
> or
> http:// www.steephill.tv/2007/us-open-cycling-championships/finale-video.html
> http://www.steephill.tv/2007/us-open-cycling-championships/interview-recap-vid
> eo.html
>
> Enjoy,
> Steve
> www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

Sweet! Seeing as how local rider Svein Tuft won this thing, I'm glad to
see it.

On Apr 12, 11:17 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> "steephill" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Thanks to permission from NBC Sports and Red Five Sports Group, I've
> > posted over 30 minutes of high quality video from last weekend's great
> > finish and slightly lower quality video from the post-race interview
> > and recap:

> > finale and post-race recap and interview:http://www.steephill.tv/
> > or
> > http://www.steephill.tv/2007/us-open-cycling-championships/finale-video.html
> >http://www.steephill.tv/2007/us-open-cycling-championships/interview-...
> > eo.html

> > Enjoy,
> > Steve
> >www.steephill.tvbike travelogue

> Sweet! Seeing as how local rider Svein Tuft won this thing, I'm glad to
> see it.

I've noticed a spike in B.C. viewers over the last week. You must be
one of them.

By the way, several people reported the video download stalled half or
2/3rds through. That problem has been fixed.

steephill wrote:
> I've noticed a spike in B.C. viewers over the last week. You must be
> one of them.

Svein and/or his B.C. fans must have a crackberry programmed to ring when
his name comes up on the web because I blogged a little anecdotal story
about him and within a day or two, there were dozens of B.C. visitors
(that's a spike for me!) whereas normally there are none.

Thanks again Steve for your awesome cycling coverage. In my view, sites like
yours are filling a huge void left by the mainstream news sites (e.g.,
cyclingnews, etc.)

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

Mark,

> Thanks again Steve for your awesome cycling coverage. In my view, sites like
> yours are filling a huge void left by the mainstream news sites (e.g.,
> cyclingnews, etc.)

Thanks. It's always good to know I'm not just doing for my own
amusement.

cheers,
Steve
www.steephilltv bike travelogue

Thanks for this. Couldn't help noticing that there are no spectators
anywhere on the course. American bike racing at its finest!

Mort

On 19 Apr 2007 10:15:43 -0700, mort <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks for this. Couldn't help noticing that there are no spectators
>anywhere on the course. American bike racing at its finest!

It was extremely unseasonably cold outside -- there were spectators in
bars, etc.
--
JT

On Apr 19, 1:15 pm, mort <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks for this. Couldn't help noticing that there are no spectators
> anywhere on the course. American bike racing at its finest!
>
> Mort

There were 4 times as many spectators on Libbly hill for the first lap
than for the last. I stayed, but it was freakin' cold. Even some die-
hard fans didn't stay. Also, it was the first day of spring break for
schools around here and Richmond empties out.