NBG Going Ballistic in Des Moines

• Thread starter Cycle America/N
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cycle America/N

This just in from Lorna Davros, Mayor Preston Daniels' scheduler. Too much excitement:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
At 10:32 AM -0500 6/6/03, Davros, Lorna L. wrote: Another news Flash! Fox 17, a local TV station is
going to take footage of the ride from Bike World to City Hall. Everything is coming together. Even
the weather is holding out. Josh is bringing an awning type tent in case of rain. Subway Sandwiches
and Gatorade will be served on the front steps of City Hall. Josh has done a great job - I can't
wait to meet him as well! Reporters are beginning to call. Only 96 minutes to lift off!

The Mayor came in this a.m. and said he met with Peter Borgen's mom (Peter is riding in from St
Paul, ed) this morning at another celebration (National Dairy Month). Our own city cable station is
also going to record the ceremony and it will play at various times throughout the year on our cable
channel 7 so we will be able to keep the message in front of our viewers here in DM.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARTIN KRIEG: "Awake Again" Author c/o BikeRoute.com 79 & 86 TransAms, nonprofit Nat. Bicycle
Greenway CEO Ever wanted anything so bad U were willing to die for it? Really die? By moving thru
clinical death and reversing paralysis, *I saw God* when I answered that question.

The only thing wrong with this whole thing is that RAGBRAI doesn't happen until the last full week
in July. They could pedal to the start line on the "West Coast" of Iowa, then wait about 3 weeks for
the other 8,000 people to show up. There's nothing new about a 'bent in Iowa though.

"Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:060620030950497847%[email protected]...
> This just in from Lorna Davros, Mayor Preston Daniels' scheduler. Too much excitement:
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> At 10:32 AM -0500 6/6/03, Davros, Lorna L. wrote: Another news Flash! Fox 17, a local TV station
> is going to take footage of the ride from Bike World to City Hall. Everything is coming together.
> Even the weather is holding out. Josh is bringing an awning type tent in case of rain. Subway
> Sandwiches and Gatorade will be served on the front steps of City Hall. Josh has done a great job
> - I can't wait to meet him as well! Reporters are beginning to call. Only 96 minutes to lift off!
>
> The Mayor came in this a.m. and said he met with Peter Borgen's mom (Peter is riding in from St
> Paul, ed) this morning at another celebration (National Dairy Month). Our own city cable station
> is also going to record the ceremony and it will play at various times throughout the year on our
> cable channel 7 so we will be able to keep the message in front of our viewers here in DM.
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> MARTIN KRIEG: "Awake Again" Author c/o BikeRoute.com 79 & 86 TransAms, nonprofit Nat. Bicycle
> Greenway CEO Ever wanted anything so bad U were willing to die for it? Really die? By moving thru
> clinical death and reversing paralysis, *I saw God* when I answered that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.