ncbtmb certification ...

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Jc, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Jc

    Jc Guest

    well, next tuesday, the 24th, is our last day of school. woohoo!! amazing how very much i've learned
    in the past 6 months. so, my next step is to get ready for the national exam.

    i know there are a bunch of "study guides" available, even one offered by the ncbtmb itself. does
    anyone have any suggestions on which would be most beneficial?? or, better yet, any suggestions on
    how to best prepare for the exam??

    thanks in advance!! jc

    Tags:

  2. Douglas

    Douglas Guest

    Wow!!! Months of training. Try 3000 hours. (of training).. Let Us explore, "Lateral Epicondylitis,
    Piriformis Syndrome, and Accute Trocantaric Bursitis"..... Not to mention "Sciatica Radiata"..

    Do You Know the structures involved?

    Do you know the nerve inervations from the beginning to the end of the "Pathological" complaint?

    Suggestion: Know Your: Anatomy Neurology Endocrinology Pathology

    Clinical Applications

    P.S. Question to the Group? Basic Osteology.... How Many Bones In The Human Body? Basic
    Myology...... How Many Muscles In the Human Body?

    Give you a clue; 3-1 Regards to all in good health:

    D:)

    "jc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > well, next tuesday, the 24th, is our last day of school. woohoo!! amazing how very much i've
    > learned in the past 6 months. so, my next step is to get ready for the national exam.
    >
    > i know there are a bunch of "study guides" available, even one offered by the ncbtmb itself. does
    > anyone have any suggestions on which would be most beneficial?? or, better yet, any suggestions on
    > how to best prepare for the exam??
    >
    > thanks in advance!! jc

  3. Tiffany

    Tiffany Guest

    I am no longer sure what it was called but I had a red book with a floppy disc in it to use on the
    pc. Practice tests were on the disc. I had been out of school for almost a year before I took the
    national test so that disc was invaluable. But in my opinion, as long as your school taught you
    well, the national exam is easy. Almost to easy.

    Tiffany jc <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > well, next tuesday, the 24th, is our last day of school. woohoo!! amazing how very much i've
    > learned in the past 6 months. so, my next step is to get ready for the national exam.
    >
    > i know there are a bunch of "study guides" available, even one offered by the ncbtmb itself. does
    > anyone have any suggestions on which would be most beneficial?? or, better yet, any suggestions on
    > how to best prepare for the exam??
    >
    > thanks in advance!! jc

  4. Judd

    Judd Guest

    "Tiffany" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am no longer sure what it was called but I had a red book with a floppy disc in it to use on the
    > pc. Practice tests were on the disc. I had been out of school for almost a year before I took the
    > national test so that disc was invaluable. But in my opinion, as long as your school taught you
    > well, the national exam is easy. Almost to easy.

    I agree that it was almost too easy. After graduating from a 500 hour school, I can say the best
    review guide was the school issued book- a 150+ page review with a test at the back. I also bought
    the National Board Exam Guide, but that only scared me with unrealistic expectations. It's full of
    medical terms and vocabulary I had never studied. Buying it about a week before my scheduled test
    date didn't help either, but I recommend buying it if you wish to overprepare. It gives one a false
    sense of what the test will be like; I found the questions on the actual test not nearly as
    difficult, and I was smiling at times during the test. Definitely study, though, and know the five
    elements of Chinese theory and the chakras....those will be easy points if you know them.

  5. Tiffany:

    > I am no longer sure what it was called but I had a red book with a floppy disc in it to use on the
    > pc. Practice tests were on the disc. I had been out of school for almost a year before I took the
    > national test so that disc was invaluable. But in my opinion, as long as your school taught you
    > well, the national exam is easy. Almost to easy.

    You're probably thinking of Tortora & Grabowski's "Principles of Anatomy and Physiology" which is in
    its 10th edition, and published by Wiley Publishing. That's the text we're using (heavily) in the
    the 12 month LMT program I'm currently enrolled in here in Ohio (the State of Ohio licensure exam
    for LMTs uses that book as an exam text).

    --
    Jason Paul McCartan

  6. Tiffany

    Tiffany Guest

    news.individual.net <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tiffany:
    >
    > > I am no longer sure what it was called but I had a red book with a
    floppy
    > > disc in it to use on the pc. Practice tests were on the disc. I had been
    out
    > > of school for almost a year before I took the national test so that disc
    was
    > > invaluable. But in my opinion, as long as your school taught you well,
    the
    > > national exam is easy. Almost to easy.
    >
    > You're probably thinking of Tortora & Grabowski's "Principles of Anatomy and Physiology" which is
    > in its 10th edition, and published by Wiley Publishing. That's the text we're using (heavily) in
    > the the 12 month LMT program I'm currently enrolled in here in Ohio (the State of Ohio licensure
    > exam for LMTs uses that book as an exam text).
    >
    > --
    > Jason Paul McCartan

    No that isn't what I was thinking because that is an anatomy book and the original poster was asking
    for suggestions for study guides for the national exam. The exam you are talking of is for your
    state, the OP is taking the national exam.

    Tiffany

  7. Cwizard

    Cwizard Guest

    "douglas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > P.S. Question to the Group? Basic Osteology.... How Many Bones In
    The
    > Human Body? Basic Myology...... How Many Muscles In the Human Body?

    206 bones approx 600 muscles

  8. Jc

    Jc Guest

    wow!! ask for help and get flamed!! woohoo!!

    thanks, i really appreciate the input and support.

    jc

    "douglas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Wow!!! Months of training. Try 3000 hours. (of training).. Let Us explore, "Lateral Epicondylitis,
    > Piriformis Syndrome, and Accute Trocantaric Bursitis"..... Not to mention "Sciatica Radiata"..
    >
    > Do You Know the structures involved?
    >
    > Do you know the nerve inervations from the beginning to the end of the "Pathological" complaint?
    >
    > Suggestion: Know Your: Anatomy Neurology Endocrinology Pathology
    >
    > Clinical Applications
    >
    > P.S. Question to the Group? Basic Osteology.... How Many Bones In The Human Body? Basic
    > Myology...... How Many Muscles In the Human Body?
    >
    > Give you a clue; 3-1 Regards to all in good health:
    >
    > D:)
    >
    > "jc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > well, next tuesday, the 24th, is our last day of school. woohoo!! amazing how very much i've
    > > learned in the past 6 months. so, my next step is to get ready for the national exam.
    > >
    > > i know there are a bunch of "study guides" available, even one offered by the ncbtmb itself.
    > > does anyone have any suggestions on which would be most beneficial?? or, better yet, any
    > > suggestions on how to best prepare for the exam??
    > >
    > > thanks in advance!! jc

  9. Cwizard

    Cwizard Guest

    "jc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > wow!! ask for help and get flamed!! woohoo!!
    >
    > thanks, i really appreciate the input and support.

    i dont think you got flamed... as far as I know to get nationally certified you have to take another
    course, I don't know about 3000 hours.. that sounds like canada to me. I think in the states it is
    another 300 hours on top. My anatomy teacher was teaching in Canadada and he said you have to know
    just massive amounts of A*P among oather things.

  10. Mj Hess

    Mj Hess Guest

    I know! I didn't see an answer and I was curious because I'll be getting ready to take that too in
    the coming weeks. The response did seem a bit insulting and not at all specific to your request. If
    you do discover some fabulous study guide or tool that is getting rave reviews from other sources in
    addition to this newsgroup.. feel free to pass that information on to me directly or post it.. I'd
    be happy to find out the pros and cons of the different media out there. Good Luck jc!

    Mj "jc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > wow!! ask for help and get flamed!! woohoo!!
    >
    > thanks, i really appreciate the input and support.
    >
    > jc
    >
    > "douglas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Wow!!! Months of training. Try 3000 hours. (of training).. Let Us explore, "Lateral
    > > Epicondylitis, Piriformis Syndrome, and Accute Trocantaric Bursitis"..... Not to mention
    > > "Sciatica Radiata"..
    > >
    > > Do You Know the structures involved?
    > >
    > > Do you know the nerve inervations from the beginning to the end of the "Pathological" complaint?
    > >
    > > Suggestion: Know Your: Anatomy Neurology Endocrinology Pathology
    > >
    > > Clinical Applications
    > >
    > > P.S. Question to the Group? Basic Osteology.... How Many Bones In
    The
    > > Human Body? Basic Myology......
    How
    > > Many Muscles In the Human Body?
    > >
    > > Give you a clue; 3-1 Regards to all in good health:
    > >
    > > D:)
    > >
    > > "jc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > well, next tuesday, the 24th, is our last day of school. woohoo!! amazing how very much i've
    > > > learned in the past 6 months. so, my next step is to get ready for the national exam.
    > > >
    > > > i know there are a bunch of "study guides" available, even one offered by the ncbtmb itself.
    > > > does anyone have any suggestions on which would be most beneficial?? or, better yet, any
    > > > suggestions on how to best prepare for the exam??
    > > >
    > > > thanks in advance!! jc

  11. Tiffany

    Tiffany Guest

    How did you get flamed? Am I missing something?

    Tiffany

    jc <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > wow!! ask for help and get flamed!! woohoo!!
    >
    > thanks, i really appreciate the input and support.
    >
    > jc

  12. Mj Hess

    Mj Hess Guest

    shoot! no answer here neither :-( Seems we're off on a thread regarding "flaming" instead of study
    guides lol.. understandable. I've seen this happen before.. Variety, the spice of life.. that is why
    we have Mylanta.

    Keep me posted, jc. "Tiffany" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > How did you get flamed? Am I missing something?
    >
    > Tiffany
    >

    > jc <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > wow!! ask for help and get flamed!! woohoo!!
    > >
    > > thanks, i really appreciate the input and support.
    > >
    > > jc

  13. Tiffany

    Tiffany Guest

    You know, funny you post this as just yesterday I found the book I was thinking of hiding in my book
    shelf. Its called Therapeutic massage and body work, 750 questions, last minute review..... says
    something about a & l quick review. Its put together by Garofano.

    I will click on your link and see if its the same. But I do recommend this book to the original
    poster, though I don't know if its a bit out of date.

    Tiffany Jason Paul McCartan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Tiffany wrote:
    >
    > > No that isn't what I was thinking because that is an anatomy book and
    the
    > > original poster was asking for suggestions for study guides for the
    national
    > > exam. The exam you are talking of is for your state, the OP is taking
    the
    > > national exam.
    >
    > Could it be this one then?
    >
    > Massage Nation Exam Questions & Answers:

    http://www.massagewarehouse.com/MASSAGE+NATIONAL+EXAM+QUESTIONS+%26+ANSWERS/
    ITEM_NO=527+0046/SHIP_TO_FLAG=Y/catalog.jhtml

  14. Tiffany wrote:
    > You know, funny you post this as just yesterday I found the book I was thinking of hiding in my
    > book shelf. Its called Therapeutic massage
    and body
    > work, 750 questions, last minute review..... says something about a & l quick review. Its put
    > together by Garofano.
    >
    > I will click on your link and see if its the same. But I do recommend
    this
    > book to the original poster, though I don't know if its a bit out of
    date.

    Not the same one. I found that MassageWarehouse.com had a couple of items for review of the National
    Exam that I'll probably buy myself in the future -- never hurts to get as much exposure to
    examination questions IMO.

    --
    Jason Paul McCartan