NCN Map York-Middlesboro

dave kennedy

Guest
If anyone has one they don't want or knows where I can get one, it would be
much appreciated.

On 9 Jun, 20:29, "dave kennedy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> If anyone has one they don't want or knows where I can get one, it would be
> much appreciated.

I don't think that bit of map is needed really.
Just check out the route on the sustrans site and highlight an old car
atlas page.
Actually when Ido it now I usuallgo up tto thirsk then pick a lower
route to Yarm, but you may want to go over the moors. That's a bit of
a climb with panniers.
TerryJ

On 10 Jun, 16:51, TerryJ <[email protected]> wrote:

> I don't think that bit of map is needed really.
> Just check out the route on the sustrans site and highlight an old car
> atlas page.

One is needed for the section through Hemlington (Middlesborough
suburbs). The area is an 80's-built estate that has a maze of shared-
use paths weaving all over the place. The NCN route uses some of
these but is not signed (or wasn't when I went that way last year) so
you can easily end up meandering around lots of identical paths around
identical brick shoeboxes. I gave it up and used the road, which at
least was clearly shown on my OS.

Jon

"Jon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 10 Jun, 16:51, TerryJ <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think that bit of map is needed really.
>> Just check out the route on the sustrans site and highlight an old car
>> atlas page.

> One is needed for the section through Hemlington (Middlesborough
> suburbs). The area is an 80's-built estate that has a maze of shared-
> use paths weaving all over the place. The NCN route uses some of
> these but is not signed (or wasn't when I went that way last year) so
> you can easily end up meandering around lots of identical paths around
> identical brick shoeboxes. I gave it up and used the road, which at
> least was clearly shown on my OS.

Using the road instead of the meanderings through an estate was probably the
better option.