General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

NE Cook-in?

Started by Felice · · Last activity · 71 posts · 819 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 November 2007
Last activity
20 November 2007
Original author
Felice
Posts
71
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
819
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 71
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 03:12:03p, Felice meant to say...

    Quoted message said:


    "Andy" <q> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Felice said...

    Quoted message said:

    Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    wondering how many of you would be interested.

    Just kinda/sorta curious, do you Boston and Rhode Island foodies wear
    aprons or togas?

    I'll want to arrive in fashion naturally. 🙂

    Andy

    Aprons. And that's it.

    Felice

    Just aprons? It's too cold for just aprons! :-)

    --
    Thu, 11/15/07
    ¦ A mind is a terrible thing to lose... ¦
    |_| _, _ _
    | |(_||_)|_)\_|
    ___ | ._|
    | |_ _ ,_ |/ , _ . .,_ _
    | | |(_|| ||\/_)(_|||/|| |(_|
    ___ ._| ._|
    .'=:-\
    /.='( ` give thanks...
    /. ^=.'-._..---.

  2. "margaret suran" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Andy said:

    Felice said...

    Quoted message said:

    Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    wondering how many of you would be interested.

    Just kinda/sorta curious, do you Boston and Rhode Island foodies wear
    aprons or togas?

    I'll want to arrive in fashion naturally. 🙂

    Andy

    Andy, I do not doubt that Skinny Dipping will be one of the activities if
    the Cook-in is held in Summer. Make sure you bring the appropriate
    clothes for it.

    Maxine may offer skinny-dipping. I offer bungee-jumping from a 17th-floor
    balcony.

    Felice

  3. Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 03:38:22p, Felice meant to say...

    Quoted message said:


    "margaret suran" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Andy said:

    Felice said...

    > Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    > wondering how many of you would be interested.

    Just kinda/sorta curious, do you Boston and Rhode Island foodies wear
    aprons or togas?

    I'll want to arrive in fashion naturally. 🙂

    Andy

    Andy, I do not doubt that Skinny Dipping will be one of the activities
    if the Cook-in is held in Summer. Make sure you bring the appropriate
    clothes for it.

    Maxine may offer skinny-dipping. I offer bungee-jumping from a
    17th-floor balcony.

    Felice

    Ouch! You first, Felice!

    --
    Thu, 11/15/07
    ¦ A mind is a terrible thing to lose... ¦
    |_| _, _ _
    | |(_||_)|_)\_|
    ___ | ._|
    | |_ _ ,_ |/ , _ . .,_ _
    | | |(_|| ||\/_)(_|||/|| |(_|
    ___ ._| ._|
    .'=:-\
    /.='( ` give thanks...
    /. ^=.'-._..---.

  4. margaret suran said:
    maxine in ri said:
    Kate Connally said:

    Don't forget the one in Vermont hosted by Siobhan
    later that year in October 2002. Jack's was in August
    2002.


    Not according to the t-shirts. They say 2003....

    Wasn't Jack's in 2001?

    24 August 2002. Ha! And I wasn't even there.

    Bubba

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:


    "margaret suran" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Andy said:

    Felice said...

    > Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    > wondering how many of you would be interested.

    Just kinda/sorta curious, do you Boston and Rhode Island foodies wear
    aprons or togas?

    I'll want to arrive in fashion naturally. 🙂

    Andy

    Andy, I do not doubt that Skinny Dipping will be one of the activities if
    the Cook-in is held in Summer. Make sure you bring the appropriate
    clothes for it.

    Maxine may offer skinny-dipping. I offer bungee-jumping from a 17th-floor
    balcony.

    Felice

    Hmmm, sounds fun. Maybe we could do a bungee apple bob.

    And both locations are easy for me to reach, one take a little longer
    than the other but I'm familiar with the Back Bay area too. Been awhile
    since I rode the T from Providence to Boston, how much is a round trip
    now, $14 or so?

  6. "Felice" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    I offer bungee-jumping from a
    17th-floor balcony.

    That's a long way to the drop if you want a sausage roll.

    (Apologies to AkkaDakka fans :-)

  7. "T" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Maxine may offer skinny-dipping. I offer bungee-jumping from a 17th-floor
    balcony.

    Felice

    Hmmm, sounds fun. Maybe we could do a bungee apple bob.

    And both locations are easy for me to reach, one take a little longer
    than the other but I'm familiar with the Back Bay area too. Been awhile
    since I rode the T from Providence to Boston, how much is a round trip
    now, $14 or so?

    The T is, I believe, about $15 RT between Providence and Boston; Amtrak is
    about $25. So are both locations good for you? How about a seasonal
    preference -- apple time?

    Felice

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Felice said:

    Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    wondering how many of you would be interested.
    Our location choices are Maxine's house in Cranston, RI, or Felice's
    apartment in Boston, and our seasonal choices are winter or spring.

    Maxine offers a good-sized yard and plenty of parking in the spring, less
    than 1/10 of a mile from the bus stop. She keeps kosher, so food should be
    brought prepared, and she keeps a cat who leaves her allergens around.

    Felice counters with a location next to the Pru and a short walk from Back
    Bay station, with a Shaw's (and its liquor license) on the corner. She has a
    small but well-equipped kitchen that will accommodate some prep, and warns
    of sometimes pricey city parking.

    Before we get too far into this, we'd like to hear from those of you who are
    interested as to which location and which season would be more convenient
    for you.

    Count me in at either location, if my schedule allows. Its been a while
    since the last time I was anywhere near NE, so it is time to visit again.

  9. T said:

    In article <20f1684d-c7d1-4d70-a5e1-e0893dbd3785
    @l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:
    Andy q said:

    Felice said...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    > wondering how many of you would be interested.
    > Our location choices are Maxine's house in Cranston, RI, or Felice's
    > apartment in Boston, and our seasonal choices are winter or spring.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Maxine offers a good-sized yard and plenty of parking in the spring,
    > less than 1/10 of a mile from the bus stop. She keeps kosher, so food
    > should be brought prepared, and she keeps a cat who leaves her allergens
    > around.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Felice counters with a location next to the Pru and a short walk from
    > Back Bay station, with a Shaw's (and its liquor license) on the corner.
    > She has a small but well-equipped kitchen that will accommodate some
    > prep, and warns of sometimes pricey city parking.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Before we get too far into this, we'd like to hear from those of you who
    > are interested as to which location and which season would be more
    > convenient for you.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Anyone?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Felice

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Where's more convenient to train from Philly?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Andy

    Quoted message said:

    Both you'd take to the local city (providence or boston) then take the
    local trans (RIPTA or MBTA) to within a block or so of the cook-in.
    Providence is closer by maybe 45 minutes.

    Quoted message said:

    maxine

    Maxine,
    What RIPTA route are you near?

    22 or 30. Get off at Phred's and walk a couple blocks

    maxine

  10. On Nov 15, 3:49 pm, margaret suran <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Andy said:

    Felice said...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    wondering how many of you would be interested.

    Quoted message said:

    Just kinda/sorta curious, do you Boston and Rhode Island foodies wear aprons
    or togas?

    Quoted message said:

    I'll want to arrive in fashion naturally. 🙂

    Quoted message said:

    Andy

    Andy, I do not doubt that Skinny Dipping will be one of the activities
    if the Cook-in is held in Summer. Make sure you bring the appropriate
    clothes for it.

    Um, the naturalist beach is a bit far for walking. And you have to
    share it with the piping plovers....

    maxine in ri

  11. Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 03:12:03p, Felice meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    "Andy" <q> wrote in messagenews:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Felice said...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    > wondering how many of you would be interested.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Just kinda/sorta curious, do you Boston and Rhode Island foodies wear
    aprons or togas?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'll want to arrive in fashion naturally. 🙂

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Andy

    Quoted message said:

    Aprons. And that's it.

    Quoted message said:

    Felice

    Just aprons? It's too cold for just aprons! :-)

    Sheesh! You southerners have no blood! I'll turn up the heat. Just
    be sure to bring the chiles.

    maxine in ri

  12. T said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    "margaret suran" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Andy wrote:
    > Felice said...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    >> wondering how many of you would be interested.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Just kinda/sorta curious, do you Boston and Rhode Island foodies wear
    > aprons or togas?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > I'll want to arrive in fashion naturally. 🙂

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Andy

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Andy, I do not doubt that Skinny Dipping will be one of the activities if
    the Cook-in is held in Summer. Make sure you bring the appropriate
    clothes for it.

    Quoted message said:

    Maxine may offer skinny-dipping. I offer bungee-jumping from a 17th-floor
    balcony.

    Quoted message said:

    Felice

    Hmmm, sounds fun. Maybe we could do a bungee apple bob.

    And both locations are easy for me to reach, one take a little longer
    than the other but I'm familiar with the Back Bay area too. Been awhile
    since I rode the T from Providence to Boston, how much is a round trip
    now, $14 or so?

    http://www.mbta.com/fares_and_passes/rail/
    Providence is Zone 8, so $7.75 each way.

    maxine in ri

  13. PeterLucas said:

    "Felice" <[email hidden]> wrote innews:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I offer bungee-jumping from a
    17th-floor balcony.

    That's a long way to the drop if you want a sausage roll.

    (Apologies to AkkaDakka fans :-)

    You're planning to come for our cook-in? You'll get the prize for
    longest distance traveled, for sure! Something special, like a bucket
    of Del's or a gallon of Autocrat syrup!

    maxine in ri

  14. In article <743c5b95-9a0d-4ee3-8653-58975bb25ed1
    @p69g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:
    T said:

    In article <20f1684d-c7d1-4d70-a5e1-e0893dbd3785
    @l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    On Nov 15, 6:32 am, Andy <q> wrote:
    > Felice said...

    Quoted message said:

    > > Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    > > wondering how many of you would be interested.
    > > Our location choices are Maxine's house in Cranston, RI, or Felice's
    > > apartment in Boston, and our seasonal choices are winter or spring.

    Quoted message said:

    > > Maxine offers a good-sized yard and plenty of parking in the spring,
    > > less than 1/10 of a mile from the bus stop. She keeps kosher, so food
    > > should be brought prepared, and she keeps a cat who leaves her allergens
    > > around.

    Quoted message said:

    > > Felice counters with a location next to the Pru and a short walk from
    > > Back Bay station, with a Shaw's (and its liquor license) on the corner.
    > > She has a small but well-equipped kitchen that will accommodate some
    > > prep, and warns of sometimes pricey city parking.

    Quoted message said:

    > > Before we get too far into this, we'd like to hear from those of you who
    > > are interested as to which location and which season would be more
    > > convenient for you.

    Quoted message said:

    > > Anyone?

    Quoted message said:

    > > Felice

    Quoted message said:

    > Where's more convenient to train from Philly?

    Quoted message said:

    > Andy

    Quoted message said:

    Both you'd take to the local city (providence or boston) then take the
    local trans (RIPTA or MBTA) to within a block or so of the cook-in.
    Providence is closer by maybe 45 minutes.

    Quoted message said:

    maxine

    Maxine,
    What RIPTA route are you near?

    22 or 30. Get off at Phred's and walk a couple blocks

    maxine

    Oh that's nice and easy. I'm a few minutes from one of the stop for the
    30 line that's in Providence.

  15. In article <743c5b95-9a0d-4ee3-8653-58975bb25ed1
    @p69g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:
    T said:

    In article <20f1684d-c7d1-4d70-a5e1-e0893dbd3785
    @l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    On Nov 15, 6:32 am, Andy <q> wrote:
    > Felice said...

    Quoted message said:

    > > Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    > > wondering how many of you would be interested.
    > > Our location choices are Maxine's house in Cranston, RI, or Felice's
    > > apartment in Boston, and our seasonal choices are winter or spring.

    Quoted message said:

    > > Maxine offers a good-sized yard and plenty of parking in the spring,
    > > less than 1/10 of a mile from the bus stop. She keeps kosher, so food
    > > should be brought prepared, and she keeps a cat who leaves her allergens
    > > around.

    Quoted message said:

    > > Felice counters with a location next to the Pru and a short walk from
    > > Back Bay station, with a Shaw's (and its liquor license) on the corner.
    > > She has a small but well-equipped kitchen that will accommodate some
    > > prep, and warns of sometimes pricey city parking.

    Quoted message said:

    > > Before we get too far into this, we'd like to hear from those of you who
    > > are interested as to which location and which season would be more
    > > convenient for you.

    Quoted message said:

    > > Anyone?

    Quoted message said:

    > > Felice

    Quoted message said:

    > Where's more convenient to train from Philly?

    Quoted message said:

    > Andy

    Quoted message said:

    Both you'd take to the local city (providence or boston) then take the
    local trans (RIPTA or MBTA) to within a block or so of the cook-in.
    Providence is closer by maybe 45 minutes.

    Quoted message said:

    maxine

    Maxine,
    What RIPTA route are you near?

    22 or 30. Get off at Phred's and walk a couple blocks

    maxine

    Oh, and I should have posted the link for the RIPTA web site for others
    that might be interested.

    http://www.ripta.com

  16. On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:26:05 -0500, "Felice" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Andy" <q> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Felice said...

    Quoted message said:

    But I'm sure either Maxine or I would be impressed to have you
    show up in an XK-8 and lend a touch of class to the event.

    You're figuring I'll pick up some r.f.c hitchikers with wine along the way
    to
    lend that touch of class!?! <VBG>

    Andy

    The operative word here is "wine" but we'd love to see you and the
    hitchhikers, too.

    Felice

    felice, i would love to come to your house even if only to snoop at
    your books, but i'm afraid it's unlikely.

    your pal,
    blake

  17. margaret suran said:
    maxine in ri said:
    Kate Connally said:

    maxine in ri wrote:
    > On Nov 15, 7:42 am, Andy <q> wrote:
    >> maxine in ri said...
    >>>>> Before we get too far into this, we'd like to hear from those of you
    >> who
    >>>>> are interested as to which location and which season would be more
    >>>>> convenient for you.
    >>>>> Anyone?
    >>>>> Felice
    >>>> Where's more convenient to train from Philly?
    >>>> Andy
    >>> Both you'd take to the local city (providence or boston) then take the
    >>> local trans (RIPTA or MBTA) to within a block or so of the cook-in.
    >>> Providence is closer by maybe 45 minutes.
    >>> maxine
    > >From Philly, I'd leave on Amtrak. I trained to Boston. Don't recall RI
    >> stops.
    >> Spring would seem better. Better temps, road conditions, casual dress and I
    >> could road trip in a Jag XK-8 (or newer model rental). Could pick up r.f.c
    >> hitchikers waving a bottle of wine, to donate to the cook-in of course.
    >> What do I know? A NE cook-in is news to me. Has one happened?
    >> Andy
    > About 4 years ago, hosted by Jack Schidt in beautiful CT. And yes,
    > Amtrak does stop in PVD, altho the old station was much cooler than
    > the new one.
    > maxine in ri
    Don't forget the one in Vermont hosted by Siobhan
    later that year in October 2002. Jack's was in August
    2002.

    Kate


    Not according to the t-shirts. They say 2003....

    maxine

    Wasn't Jack's in 2001?

    maybe the t-shirt was defective.

    your pal,
    blake

  18. blake murphy said:

    felice, i would love to come to your house even if only to snoop at
    your books, but i'm afraid it's unlikely.

    your pal,
    blake

    And I'd love you to come even if only to look at your hair!

    Are you really a book snooper? I think personal libraries are even more
    interesting than medicine chests.

    Felice

  19. Oh pshaw, on Fri 16 Nov 2007 05:34:46a, maxine in ri meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 03:12:03p, Felice meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    "Andy" <q> wrote in messagenews:[email hidden]...
    > Felice said...

    Quoted message said:

    >> Maxine and I are cooking up plans for a New England cook-in, and are
    >> wondering how many of you would be interested.

    Quoted message said:

    > Just kinda/sorta curious, do you Boston and Rhode Island foodies wear
    > aprons or togas?

    Quoted message said:

    > I'll want to arrive in fashion naturally. 🙂

    Quoted message said:

    > Andy

    Quoted message said:

    Aprons. And that's it.

    Quoted message said:

    Felice

    Just aprons? It's too cold for just aprons! :-)

    Sheesh! You southerners have no blood! I'll turn up the heat. Just
    be sure to bring the chiles.

    maxine in ri

    Heh, I lived 43 years of my life in NE Ohio at the lapping edges of Lake
    Erie. I know from cold, snow, and ice. That's precisely why I finally
    settled my butt down in Arizona. :-)

    --
    November 15th,2007
    ¦ A mind is a terrible thing to lose... ¦
    |_| _, _ _
    | |(_||_)|_)\_|
    ___ | ._|
    | |_ _ ,_ |/ , _ . .,_ _
    | | |(_|| ||\/_)(_|||/|| |(_|
    ___ ._| ._|
    .'=:-\
    /.='( ` give thanks...
    /. ^=.'-._..---.

  20. On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:25:19 -0500, "Felice" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    blake murphy said:

    felice, i would love to come to your house even if only to snoop at
    your books, but i'm afraid it's unlikely.

    your pal,
    blake

    And I'd love you to come even if only to look at your hair!

    Are you really a book snooper? I think personal libraries are even more
    interesting than medicine chests.

    Felice

    yeah, i check out books, and record collections if i get the chance.
    you can tell if a person is Good People or not.

    your pal,
    blake

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.