NE1 wear hosiery tights under your cycling tights

speedy_gt

Dec 28, 2004
I am not a big fan of the cold weather and the cycling tights that I wear are good for cutting down on the chill from the wind, but not necessarily from the cold. Before I go out and spend a bit of money on more gear, I would like to get some opinions on wearing hosiery tights under my cycling tights. Would they help to keep my legs warm? I am not a fan of the long johns and I do not want to wear anything to thick such as jogging pants. I figure the hose seams to have some thickness and is skin tight so it may work.

speedy_gt said:
I am not a big fan of the cold weather and the cycling tights that I wear are good for cutting down on the chill from the wind, but not necessarily from the cold. Before I go out and spend a bit of money on more gear, I would like to get some opinions on wearing hosiery tights under my cycling tights. Would they help to keep my legs warm? I am not a fan of the long johns and I do not want to wear anything to thick such as jogging pants. I figure the hose seams to have some thickness and is skin tight so it may work.

I haven't tried it cycling, but I used to put them on under my skiing gear and I think it does provide some extra warmth - and they are seamless so it seems like they should be comfortable enough.

Eden said:
- and they are seamless so it seems like they should be comfortable enough.
All the ones I've seen have a seam in the front center and back center which I think would really cut into you. How about some wind pants and just put a reflective band around your right ankle to hold the cloth in place so it doesn't get caught in the chain?