Triathlon · Public discussion

Near my first Triathlon, schedule?

Started by Bernard · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,190 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Triathlon
Published
10 June 2003
Last activity
14 June 2003
Original author
Bernard
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,190
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    Next week sunday I will go for my first 1/4 Triathlon. I've trained a lot, but now I have not a good
    schedule for this last week. What shall I do? Go very hard or slow down in training this week?

    Advice welcome,

    Bernard

  2. Since nobody has responded...your focus in the final week should not be on trying to improve
    fitness. It's unfortunate that you haven't trained well the last week, but you cannot make this up.
    You need to focus on resting and tapering so that you are fresh for the race. Since this is your
    first, I would not bike more than 15 miles, or run more than 3 on any given day of the week.

    Your workouts for the week should be short and sweet. Put in some efforts at the pace you expect to
    race at, but keep them short so you don't fatigue. Drink plenty of fluids. Between Thurs and Sunday,
    you should do very, very little...just enough to remind your body what it's going to need to do.

    Zac

    "Bernard" <bernard> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    Next week sunday I will go for my first 1/4 Triathlon. I've trained a lot, but now I have not
    a good schedule for this last week. What shall I do? Go very hard or slow down in training
    this week?

    Advice welcome,

    Bernard

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.