Near my first Triathlon, schedule?

B

Bernard

Hi,

Next week sunday I will go for my first 1/4 Triathlon. I've trained a lot, but now I have not a good
schedule for this last week. What shall I do? Go very hard or slow down in training this week?

Advice welcome,

Bernard

Since nobody has responded...your focus in the final week should not be on trying to improve
fitness. It's unfortunate that you haven't trained well the last week, but you cannot make this up.
You need to focus on resting and tapering so that you are fresh for the race. Since this is your
first, I would not bike more than 15 miles, or run more than 3 on any given day of the week.

Your workouts for the week should be short and sweet. Put in some efforts at the pace you expect to
race at, but keep them short so you don't fatigue. Drink plenty of fluids. Between Thurs and Sunday,
you should do very, very little...just enough to remind your body what it's going to need to do.

Zac

"Bernard" <bernard> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> Next week sunday I will go for my first 1/4 Triathlon. I've trained a lot, but now I have not
> a good schedule for this last week. What shall I do? Go very hard or slow down in training
> this week?
>
> Advice welcome,
>
> Bernard