Nearly bought a bargain

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tim Hall, May 11, 2003.

  1. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On today's Tandem Club ride (37 people!), we were esconced in a pub for lunch where I picked up a
    local free ad paper. Under "bicycles" was a Dawes Galaxy for forty quid. Such disrespect for such a
    noble beast. I whipped out my mobile and tried to buy it but it had already gone. I took delight in
    telling the lady who answered the phone that she'd most probably undersold it.

    Tim

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sun, 11 May 2003 20:02:06 +0100, Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On today's Tandem Club ride (37 people!)

    One riding solo? A triplet? A trailer bike? Do tell!

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  3. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Sun, 11 May 2003 20:48:20 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 11 May 2003 20:02:06 +0100, Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On today's Tandem Club ride (37 people!)
    >
    >One riding solo? A triplet? A trailer bike? Do tell!

    15 tandems

    2 solos

    1 trailer bike

    One triplet with child seat. Kewl.

    Waiting for stragglers at junctions was tricky and invloved the use of fingers and toes.

    Tim

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 12 May 2003 19:47:53 +0100, "Clive George"

    >I steer a full size adult tandem by leaning, not using the handlebars... (lovely when you get it
    >right on an alpine descent)

    Ah, but maybe your stoker isn't blind ;-)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  7. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > On Mon, 12 May 2003 19:47:53 +0100, "Clive George"

    > >I steer a full size adult tandem by leaning, not using the handlebars... (lovely when you get it
    > >right on an alpine descent)
    >
    > Ah, but maybe your stoker isn't blind ;-)

    She isn't, but that doesn't make any difference. It's best if the stoker doesn't lean, then you have
    full control.

    (If as a team you get _really_ good, then maybe stoker leaning would help, but I can't see that
    happening for us)

    I imagine experience helps too...

    cheers, clive

  8. Iain

    Iain Guest

    .
    >> >I steer a full size adult tandem by leaning, not using the handlebars... (lovely when you get it
    >> >right on an alpine descent)
    >>
    >> Ah, but maybe your stoker isn't blind ;-)
    >
    >She isn't, but that doesn't make any difference. It's best if the stoker doesn't lean, then you
    >have full control.

    Oddly enuff, one of our members is partially-sighted, but Getting it On as stoker, hoping for
    selection for the british team for the European Champs, and for the Paralympics -
    http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/indiv_pages/mcglynn_ail.php