nearly cleaned up twice today

LeojVS

Sep 27, 2005
bloody taxi drivers, and bloody Camry drivers.

Northern Rd, near Nepean hospital. Camry driver wanted to park, so she or he just pulled in. No indicator, just in. They will be buffing out the black rubber mark that my front tyre put on there white rear bumper. CRUNCH was the noise it made :) . Couldnt help it. I was lucky I wasnt taken off the bike. Looser.

Mr Cab driver, do not look past cyclists. I swear he looked right at me (attempting a right hand turn) and kept nudging his nose out. Then he went for it. I couldnt beleive it! :eek: 4 very loud OI's and a huge skid slide. Man, I thought I was going to end up in the back seat. He SH&T himself BAD!!! That was heaps funny. Nailed it straight across the 2 lanes, then straight thru the 2 lanes of oncomming traffic. Clown. A car of yourng kids pulled up, wound down windows and yelled 'Nice skid! Do another one! '

Was it a day for morons today, or was it just my red and white helmet, and bright red, orange yellow and white jerseys fault?? :confused:

safe journeys all

So the Camery driver was one of those who overtakes and then immeaditely stops?

People who pull out like that taxi driver are the ones that I fear most, because it is so unpredictable and you need to make a split second decision without knowing what they are going to do. Sometimes they realise their mistake and freeze, smack in the middle of the road directly in front of you.

We didn't hit anyone, but there were challenges none the less. Early in the ride, bus that is behind us, moves out, overtakes and then moves back over and stops. The whole bunch comes to a roaring stop and we thanked the driver for considering us....

Towards the end of the ride we have done a sprint and have just gone sligtly down hill, we are spread out and travelling farily fast, the same speed as the cars in the other lane. A lady in a white Camery (or something similar), is travelling beside me, she looks at me and then decides to move over, she moves fairly slowely, as she is aware that I am there and inches towards me. I decide to hold my ground and wait for her to move over far enough to hit me. Just before that happens she realises that I'm not just going to move out of her way and drives down the road with her car half in one lane and half in the other. I kind of think she simply didn't know what to do when there was a fast cyclist and probably had really bad spacial skills, the kind where speed is judged on size, ie trucks are going faster than motorcyles and bicycles are pretty much stationary. So the charge is bully tatics, but in Australia, you are inocent until approved guilty, so she is aquitted.

Left hooks and the smaller/medium single lane roundabouts are my favourite.

You know, when they pass you only then to turn left right in front of you (left hook). Over time, I have concluded that most can not judge the speed at which you are travelling, the rest are just plain stupid.

S

Skull said:
Left hooks and the smaller/medium single lane roundabouts are my favourite.

You know, when they pass you only then to turn left right in front of you (left hook). Over time, I have concluded that most can not judge the speed at which you are travelling, the rest are just plain stupid.

S
Happened to me yesterday, going down hill, 70 kph [not me] speed zone, P plate driver overtakes me 15/20 M from a left intersection & slowing, so I check their blinker, it's on, LEFT HOOK, without looking over their shoulder to see where I was. I was preparing to brake just in case & I needed too.

Defensive riding [& driving] is always in my mind, always expect the unexpected, make eye contact with drivers, prepare to brake at the hint of danger, use hand signals [a quick point in the direction you are going], look over your shoulder when you are about to change a lane or deviate from your riding line, this may give a driver the hint that you are about to do something different. Always expecting a car door to open when someone is sitting in the right side, especially if it is a 2 door cause those doors are wide & harder to get around.

I plan 95% of my riding so I am always turning left, & I avoid fast downhill’s in suburbia which have lots of intersections.

Yes I to love it when the motorist just has to overtake a cyclist for that all important one second advantage that they may gain as they turn off down the next street as you continue straight ahead. They always have to overtake for some reason even if you are doin the limit.

I would report the caby to atleast the cab company.

As I always say to a motorist (imating putting my foot down on a excelerator) "oh whow that is so hard I don't know how you do it":D

Beauyboy

I didnt get the lisence plate, or even who the cabby company was. I was too busy figuring out where I was going to *bump* into him.

I havent been left hooked for a long time. Cant wait though.

I was watching the cab dirver like a hawk. I could have sworn we made eye contact, but I guess he just looked straight thru me. He was edging out a little at a time, but it didnt look as though he was going to go. Just getting impaitent.

Can I please add a new one?? Thanks go out to the guy driving the B-double. He didnt really estimate how fast I was going, so out he came. It wasnt a hard situation, I just had to go r-i-g-h-t around him, by jumping in the left turn only lane, then down the side street he was coming from, and back to where I was going. Jackass.
Looking forward to riding home from work tomorrow night. Fresh batteries in my flashers :cool:

the one i like the most is the overtaking on teh left hand side it certainly gets the heart rate going in the morning