Stood there doing guppy fish impression for a couple of seconds, thought about remonstrating but gave up 'cause really couldn't be bothered. Riding on the pavement is not cool and it's not clever, especially when it's dark and you don't even have any lights.

He was wearing a helmet though :rolleyes:

you shoulda launched the (appropriate) bin at 'im and brought that recalcitrant down. bwahahhahahahahhah

On 2005-07-27, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

> you shoulda launched the (appropriate) bin at 'im and brought that
> recalcitrant down. bwahahhahahahahhah

Yep. In future, every day, bin day or not, wheel it out in front of
you when you walk out of your driveway :)

--
TimC
cat /kat/ n. A furry keyboard cover

On 2005-07-27, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

flyingdutch said:
you shoulda launched the (appropriate) bin at 'im and brought that recalcitrant down. bwahahhahahahahhah
Ah but were YOU waring a helmet! There's your problem!!! And did YOU have a light and rear flasher? ;)

endroll> flyingdutch Wrote:
>> you shoulda launched the (appropriate) bin at 'im and brought
>> that recalcitrant down. bwahahhahahahahhah

endroll> Ah but were YOU waring a helmet! There's your problem!!!
endroll> And did YOU have a light and rear flasher? ;)

As it happens, yes. I'd just got off the bike and still had my helmet
on. I also happen to have a white flasher on the front and four red
flashers on the back of the helmet.

<SMUG>
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

endroll> flyingdutch Wrote:
>> you shoulda launched the (appropriate) bin at 'im and brought
>> that recalcitrant down. bwahahhahahahahhah

endroll> Ah but were YOU waring a helmet! There's your problem!!!
endroll> And did YOU have a light and rear flasher? ;)

As it happens, yes. I'd just got off the bike and still had my helmet
on. I also happen to have a white flasher on the front and four red
flashers on the back of the helmet.

<SMUG>
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,
Melbourne, Australia | ~ (*)/ (*)
I bow before you and grovel at your feet - next time you might lose those toes so be careful!!! :rolleyes:

On 2005-07-27, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

> you shoulda launched the (appropriate) bin at 'im and brought that
> recalcitrant down. bwahahhahahahahhah

Yep. In future, every day, bin day or not, wheel it out in front of
you when you walk out of your driveway :)

notice how mothers do that with their prams? straight off the footpath, then look.

hmm, even a responsible driver who shows their bumper for a few seconds before edging forward would have been nailed BY him.

Andre

"EuanB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Rode in to driveway and propped bike by the front door. Bin day next
> morning so head out of drive way to find out if it's the green waste or
> the recyled this week (I can never remember).
>
> Old habits die hard, poke head out of driveway to check both ways
> before emerging. WHOOOSH as a cyclist who I judged to be in his early
> forties wafts by about two inches from my nose on the bloody pavement,
> closely followed by his dog. If I'd just walked out without looking
> we'd have been a tangled heap on the floor.
>
> Stood there doing guppy fish impression for a couple of seconds,
> thought about remonstrating but gave up 'cause really couldn't be
> bothered. Riding on the pavement is not cool and it's not clever,
> especially when it's dark and you don't even have any lights.
>
> He was wearing a helmet though :rolleyes:
>

> --
> EuanB

Although I do ride my bike home for about 30 metres on a generally deserted
footpath, I consider general riding on footpaths most dangerous. I
discouraged my kids in their younger days from riding on the footpath
because of the risk of being hit by a car leaving a driveway. In my 30 metre
ride along the footpath I crawl past every driveway, not crossing it until I
have peeked through the fence to see if it's empty. I have seen many
cyclists hoon past driveways.

Henry.

Marx SS wrote:
> -bloody cyclists.-
>

> was the dog wearing a helmet?

One of our local $2 shops has safety vests for dogs!

No helmets but.

<I was there buying a toy to amuse the cat, Okay - honest>

On 2005-07-27, Terry Collins (aka Bruce)
> Marx SS wrote:
>> was the dog wearing a helmet?

> One of our local $2 shops has safety vests for dogs!
>
> No helmets but.
>
> <I was there buying a toy to amuse the cat, Okay - honest>

As long as you weren't there to buy a dog accessory. Dogs are icky.

--
TimC
"Application encountered an error while failing. Error recovered

On 2005-07-27, Terry Collins (aka Bruce)
> Marx SS wrote:
>> was the dog wearing a helmet?

> One of our local $2 shops has safety vests for dogs!
>
> No helmets but.
>
> <I was there buying a toy to amuse the cat, Okay - honest>

As long as you weren't there to buy a dog accessory. Dogs are icky.

--
TimC
"Application encountered an error while failing. Error recovered
successfully, proceeding to fail"
*gasps* dogs are so not icky! :eek:

(people buy things to amuse a cat? I thought that was what they owned people for?? :D )

ali

alison_b wrote:
> TimC Wrote:
>
>>On 2005-07-27, Terry Collins (aka Bruce)
>>was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

>>>One of our local $2 shops has safety vests for dogs!
>>>
>>>No helmets but.
>>>
>>><I was there buying a toy to amuse the cat, Okay - honest>

>>As long as you weren't there to buy a dog accessory. Dogs are icky.
>>
>>--
>>TimC
>>"Application encountered an error while failing. Error recovered
>>successfully, proceeding to fail"

> *gasps* dogs are so not icky! :eek:
>
> (people buy things to amuse a cat? I thought that was what they owned
> people for?? :D )
>
> ali

Dogs have masters, cats have staff.

Zoom

Zoom wrote:

> alison_b wrote:
> > TimC Wrote:
> >
> >>On 2005-07-27, Terry Collins (aka Bruce)
> >>was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

> >>As long as you weren't there to buy a dog accessory. Dogs are icky.
> >>
> >>--
> >>TimC
> >>"Application encountered an error while failing. Error recovered
> >>successfully, proceeding to fail"

> > *gasps* dogs are so not icky! :eek:
> >
> > (people buy things to amuse a cat? I thought that was what they owned
> > people for?? :D )
> >
> > ali
> >

> Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
>
> Zoom

Or...

dogs have personality

cats have tyre marks

Tam *allergic to cats*

On 2005-07-28, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> Zoom wrote:
>> Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
>>
>> Zoom

> Or...
>
> dogs have personality
>
> cats have tyre marks
>
> Tam *allergic to cats*

*tosses Tam a pet tiger*

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> On 2005-07-28, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Zoom wrote:
> >> Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
> >>
> >> Zoom

> > Or...
> >
> > dogs have personality
> >
> > cats have tyre marks
> >
> > Tam *allergic to cats*

> *tosses Tam a pet tiger*

I didn't get an allergic reaction last time I played with a tiger...

Tam

TimC wrote:

As long as you weren't there to buy a dog accessory. Dogs are icky.

They're... um... what Tim? "Icky"?

Lotte