Nearly collected a cyclist

TimC wrote:
> On 2005-07-27, Terry Collins (aka Bruce)
>
>>Marx SS wrote:
>>
>>>was the dog wearing a helmet?

>>One of our local $2 shops has safety vests for dogs!
>>
>>No helmets but.
>>
>><I was there buying a toy to amuse the cat, Okay - honest>

> As long as you weren't there to buy a dog accessory. Dogs are icky.

I know. If we had a larger yard, it might be hard to resist, but we have
a neighbour up the road who wants me to take their current foxy cross
dog (It would be really great for a pair of rough and tumble boys who
like soccer - yes it plays), so this keeps my defence up about feeling
gooey about dogs - plus everyone around with dogs, also has concrete
yards and I see visible reminders of icky all the time.

And .....the bicycle bit.... just beside the doggy chew toy section was
the bicycle puncture kit and lights bit. I did get nostalgic there
because the light they sold was a cheap iccky chinese battery one, just
like one I purchased at one stage. always red tin. Cheap, sniff, except
mine had slide up red and green plastic so you could play traffic lights
or head lights. {:) **** 3v light, so it was quickly used just as an
additional tail light until those french red plastic things came out
with expensive custom batteries.

<Now, isn't it wonderful that I can remember all that, but haven't a
clue where I purchased a Number 2 Screw Extractor (1/4"-5/16"(6mm)) from
very recently (SWMBO just found it under the lounge) and have even less
of a clue as to why I purchased it. >

Tamyka Bell wrote:

>>Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
>>
>>Zoom

> Or...
>
> dogs have personality
>
> cats have tyre marks
>
> Tam *allergic to cats*

You have to admire the optimism of cats. Whenever someone who is
allergic to cats arrives, ours is always there to greet them.

Terry Collins wrote:

I know. If we had a larger yard, it might be hard to resist, but we have
a neighbour up the road who wants me to take their current foxy cross
dog (It would be really great for a pair of rough and tumble boys who
like soccer - yes it plays),

Look, it doesn't matter what size your yard is if you walk your dog every day. Our 336m² block keeps Simon (my avator) well and truly occupied. We attend training once a week and will continue to do so forever and a day (keeps his mind entertained) and we play with him *all the time*. Your yard is no doubt big enough for a dog - take it and lap it up. Dog ownership is the most awesome experience I've ever had. And don't ANYONE tell me I'm clucky.

plus everyone around with dogs, also has concrete yards and I see visible reminders of icky all the time.

Pooper-scooping is one reason to have children. The only reason I will one day have children. If you don't feel them cr@p (ie. cheap, canned dog food), their poo actually doesn't smell that bad.

Lotte /soapbox

"LotteBum" wrote

snip

If you don't feel them cr@p (ie. cheap, canned
> dog food), their poo actually doesn't smell that bad.

Sooooooooo, how often do you feel your dog cr@p? :)

BruceA

BruceA wrote:

> "LotteBum" wrote
>
> snip
>
> If you don't feel them cr@p (ie. cheap, canned
> > dog food), their poo actually doesn't smell that bad.

> Sooooooooo, how often do you feel your dog cr@p? :)
>
> BruceA

I refrained from making that comment, but I'm glad you stepped up.

Tam

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Zoom wrote:
>
>>alison_b wrote:

>>>*gasps* dogs are so not icky! :eek:
>>>
>>>(people buy things to amuse a cat? I thought that was what they owned
>>>people for?? :D )
>>>
>>>ali
>>>

>>Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
>>
>>Zoom

> Or...
>
> dogs have personality
>
> cats have tyre marks
>
> Tam *allergic to cats*

Oh I had that discussion with the neighbour. My cat is armed. It has
me. :)

Her dog is a halfwit.. it has her.

LotteBum wrote:
> Terry Collins wrote:
>
> I know. If we had a larger yard, it might be hard to resist, but we
> have
> a neighbour up the road who wants me to take their current foxy cross
> dog (It would be really great for a pair of rough and tumble boys who
> like soccer - yes it plays),
>
> Look, it doesn't matter what size your yard is if you walk your dog
> every day.

Simple irreversible problem now; we both get sore arms walking a decent
dog (i.e anything middle sized) and to be honest, I really don't have
the time they deserve. Often my employment means I'm away for 12 hours
and the last thing I want to do is play with a dog afterwards.