NEC Outdoor Meet?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Andy Howell, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Andy Howell

    Andy Howell Guest

    Seeing a mention of the show made me think perhaps we should organise a meet-up. Who intends to go?

    Tags:

  2. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > Seeing a mention of the show made me think perhaps we should organise a meet-up. Who
    > intends to go?

    Dunno. When is it?
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.

  3. Andy Howell

    Andy Howell Guest

    On 31/1/04 8:34 pm, in article
    [email protected], "Fran" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > [email protected] said...
    >> Seeing a mention of the show made me think perhaps we should organise a meet-up. Who
    >> intends to go?
    >
    > Dunno. When is it?

    April 2nd - 4th I think.

  4. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > On 31/1/04 8:34 pm, in article [email protected], "Fran"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > [email protected] said...
    > >> Seeing a mention of the show made me think perhaps we should organise a meet-up. Who intends
    > >> to go?
    > >
    > > Dunno. When is it?
    >

    > April 2nd - 4th I think.

    Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is everything on
    sale at full price?
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.

  5. Andyp

    Andyp Guest

    "Fran" <[email protected]> wrote

    > > April 2nd - 4th I think.
    > >
    > Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is everything
    > on sale at full price?

    http://www.theoutdoorsshow.com/

    Dunno, but I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did anyone
    go last year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?

  6. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did anyone go last
    > year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?

    I know exactly what you mean. Sad, isn't it. I should imagine it's a good but expensive day out,
    because you're likely to see lots of lovely ways to use up spare and not-so-spare cash. If we're not
    doing anything else that weekend I shall try to persuade He Who Sits Opposite (HWSO) that we
    *really* need a weekend away in Brum.

    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.

  7. Chris Street

    Chris Street Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:53:14 -0000, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] said...
    >> I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did anyone go last
    >> year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?
    >>
    >I know exactly what you mean. Sad, isn't it. I should imagine it's a good but expensive day out,
    >because you're likely to see lots of lovely ways to use up spare and not-so-spare cash. If we're
    >not doing anything else that weekend I shall try to persuade He Who Sits Opposite (HWSO) that we
    >*really* need a weekend away in Brum.

    Brum can be expensive to stay in - cast a little further afield and there are loads of nice
    B&B's near by.

    --
    79.84% of all statistics are made up on the spot. The other 42% are made up later on. In Warwick -
    looking at flat fields and that includes the castle.

  8. Andy Howell

    Andy Howell Guest

    On 31/1/04 10:14 pm, in article
    wrote:

    > Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is everything
    > on sale at full price?

    Lots of things, reductions, etc.

  9. Andy Howell

    Andy Howell Guest

    On 31/1/04 11:21 pm, in article [email protected], "AndyP"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Dunno, but I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did
    > anyone go last year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?

    If you get excited about these kind of things, yes it is very well worth the cost :)

  10. Andy Howell

    Andy Howell Guest

    On 31/1/04 11:53 pm, in article
    wrote:

    > I know exactly what you mean. Sad, isn't it. I should imagine it's a good but expensive day out,
    > because you're likely to see lots of lovely ways to use up spare and not-so-spare cash. If we're
    > not doing anything else that weekend I shall try to persuade He Who Sits Opposite (HWSO) that we
    > *really* need a weekend away in Brum.

    http://www.theoutdoorsshow.co.uk/

    Gives you an early feel for all of that excitement.

    Bham at weekends is not always that expensive - lots of un-let business hotels. If anyone wants to
    stay give me a shout and I'll see what I can find.

  11. Andyp

    Andyp Guest

    "Andy Howell" <[email protected]> wrote

    > If you get excited about these kind of things, yes it is very well worth
    the
    > cost :)

    Yeh, but it's also the first weekend of the Easter holidays. Better to be out doing it than looking
    at new stuff you can do it with.

  12. Andy Harbach

    Andy Harbach Guest

    > Dunno, but I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did
    > anyone go last year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?

    I went last year, and took my parents. We all had a good time. There were some excellent lectures
    (including Doug Scott, Chris Bonnington and Al Hinkes). The show has a wide variety of stands and as
    Fran mentions plenty of ways to spend your money!

    As confirmation it was good last year I have arranged to take my parents again this year.

    Best wishes,

    --
    Andy Harbach email: [email protected] Walking in Snowdonia: http://www.walk-snowdonia.co.uk
    UK Conditions Server: http://www.conditionsout.co.uk

  13. Andy Howell

    Andy Howell Guest

    On 1/2/04 12:16 pm, in article [email protected], "AndyP"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Andy Howell" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    >> If you get excited about these kind of things, yes it is very well worth
    > the
    >> cost :)
    >
    > Yeh, but it's also the first weekend of the Easter holidays. Better to be out doing it than
    > looking at new stuff you can do it with.

    Damn, I had missed that. I think you're certainly right. Mind you I will no doubt be out and about
    at Easter but not for the whole time.

  14. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > I shall try to persuade He Who Sits
    > >Opposite (HWSO) that we *really* need a weekend away in Brum.
    >
    > Brum can be expensive to stay in - cast a little further afield and there are loads of nice B&B's
    > near by.

    No need - we've got friends in Telford :)
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.

  15. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > On 31/1/04 10:14 pm, in article [email protected], "Fran"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > > Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is
    > > everything on sale at full price?
    >
    > Lots of things, reductions, etc.

    <Rubs hands together> Ooh, goody!
    --

  16. Fran <[email protected]> writes:

    >[email protected] said...
    >> On 31/1/04 10:14 pm, in article [email protected], "Fran"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> > Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is
    >> > everything on sale at full price?

    >> Lots of things, reductions, etc.

    ><Rubs hands together> Ooh, goody!

    Question is, can you afford to save so much money?
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

  17. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > >> Lots of things, reductions, etc.
    >
    > ><Rubs hands together> Ooh, goody!
    >
    > Question is, can you afford to save so much money?

    Probably not, but if I save it quickly perhaps he won't notice!
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.