NEC Outdoor Meet?

Andy Howell

Guest
Seeing a mention of the show made me think perhaps we should organise a meet-up. Who intends to go?

[email protected] said...
> Seeing a mention of the show made me think perhaps we should organise a meet-up. Who
> intends to go?

Dunno. When is it?
--
Fran If you need my email address please ask.

[email protected] said...
> On 31/1/04 8:34 pm, in article [email protected], "Fran"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > [email protected] said...
> >> Seeing a mention of the show made me think perhaps we should organise a meet-up. Who intends
> >> to go?
> >
> > Dunno. When is it?
>

> April 2nd - 4th I think.

Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is everything on
sale at full price?
--
Fran If you need my email address please ask.

"Fran" <[email protected]> wrote

> > April 2nd - 4th I think.
> >
> Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is everything
> on sale at full price?

http://www.theoutdoorsshow.com/

Dunno, but I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did anyone
go last year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?

[email protected] said...
> I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did anyone go last
> year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?

I know exactly what you mean. Sad, isn't it. I should imagine it's a good but expensive day out,
because you're likely to see lots of lovely ways to use up spare and not-so-spare cash. If we're not
doing anything else that weekend I shall try to persuade He Who Sits Opposite (HWSO) that we
*really* need a weekend away in Brum.

--

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:53:14 -0000, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] said...
>> I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did anyone go last
>> year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?
>>
>I know exactly what you mean. Sad, isn't it. I should imagine it's a good but expensive day out,
>because you're likely to see lots of lovely ways to use up spare and not-so-spare cash. If we're
>not doing anything else that weekend I shall try to persuade He Who Sits Opposite (HWSO) that we
>*really* need a weekend away in Brum.

Brum can be expensive to stay in - cast a little further afield and there are loads of nice
B&B's near by.

--
79.84% of all statistics are made up on the spot. The other 42% are made up later on. In Warwick -
looking at flat fields and that includes the castle.

On 31/1/04 10:14 pm, in article
wrote:

> Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is everything
> on sale at full price?

Lots of things, reductions, etc.

On 31/1/04 11:21 pm, in article [email protected], "AndyP"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Dunno, but I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did
> anyone go last year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?

If you get excited about these kind of things, yes it is very well worth the cost :)

On 31/1/04 11:53 pm, in article
wrote:

> I know exactly what you mean. Sad, isn't it. I should imagine it's a good but expensive day out,
> because you're likely to see lots of lovely ways to use up spare and not-so-spare cash. If we're
> not doing anything else that weekend I shall try to persuade He Who Sits Opposite (HWSO) that we
> *really* need a weekend away in Brum.

http://www.theoutdoorsshow.co.uk/

Gives you an early feel for all of that excitement.

Bham at weekends is not always that expensive - lots of un-let business hotels. If anyone wants to
stay give me a shout and I'll see what I can find.

"Andy Howell" <[email protected]> wrote

> If you get excited about these kind of things, yes it is very well worth
the
> cost :)

Yeh, but it's also the first weekend of the Easter holidays. Better to be out doing it than looking
at new stuff you can do it with.

> Dunno, but I get overexcited about a huge hall full of tents you can climb in and out of. Did
> anyone go last year? Is it worth travel costs plus £10 a ticket?

I went last year, and took my parents. We all had a good time. There were some excellent lectures
(including Doug Scott, Chris Bonnington and Al Hinkes). The show has a wide variety of stands and as
Fran mentions plenty of ways to spend your money!

As confirmation it was good last year I have arranged to take my parents again this year.

Best wishes,

--
Andy Harbach email: [email protected] Walking in Snowdonia: http://www.walk-snowdonia.co.uk
UK Conditions Server: http://www.conditionsout.co.uk

On 1/2/04 12:16 pm, in article [email protected], "AndyP"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Andy Howell" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> If you get excited about these kind of things, yes it is very well worth
> the
>> cost :)
>
> Yeh, but it's also the first weekend of the Easter holidays. Better to be out doing it than
> looking at new stuff you can do it with.

Damn, I had missed that. I think you're certainly right. Mind you I will no doubt be out and about
at Easter but not for the whole time.

[email protected] said...
> I shall try to persuade He Who Sits
> >Opposite (HWSO) that we *really* need a weekend away in Brum.
>
> Brum can be expensive to stay in - cast a little further afield and there are loads of nice B&B's
> near by.

No need - we've got friends in Telford :)
--
Fran If you need my email address please ask.

[email protected] said...
> On 31/1/04 10:14 pm, in article [email protected], "Fran"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is
> > everything on sale at full price?
>
> Lots of things, reductions, etc.

<Rubs hands together> Ooh, goody!
--

Fran <[email protected]> writes:

>[email protected] said...
>> On 31/1/04 10:14 pm, in article [email protected], "Fran"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> > Might be able to - I'll have to consult the oracle. Do we get freebies/cheapies, or is
>> > everything on sale at full price?

>> Lots of things, reductions, etc.

><Rubs hands together> Ooh, goody!

Question is, can you afford to save so much money?
[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

[email protected] said...
> >> Lots of things, reductions, etc.
>
> ><Rubs hands together> Ooh, goody!
>
> Question is, can you afford to save so much money?

Probably not, but if I save it quickly perhaps he won't notice!
--
Fran If you need my email address please ask.