Neck shoulder pain

My neck and shoulder have been altogether dehabilitating. I'd doing PT 3 days a week after recently undergoing an ACL revision to one of my knees. Over the two weeks I was out of work for the surgery, the shoulder quieted down. Now that I'm back at work, the pain is excruciating. On the bike, it is a constant sharp pain that gets really aggravating riding. IT's worse initially, until the exercise-inbduced analgesia kicks in.

I know this is from sitting at a computer using my mouse on a less-than-ergo desk. I'm thinking about trying a new ergo mousesuch as a "zero tension mouse" (http://www.zerotensionmouse.com/moreinfo.asp). I've seen them for around $60. Has anyone used these, or any other similar products?

djg21 said:
My neck and shoulder have been altogether dehabilitating. I'd doing PT 3 days a week after recently undergoing an ACL revision to one of my knees. Over the two weeks I was out of work for the surgery, the shoulder quieted down. Now that I'm back at work, the pain is excruciating. On the bike, it is a constant sharp pain that gets really aggravating riding. IT's worse initially, until the exercise-inbduced analgesia kicks in.

I know this is from sitting at a computer using my mouse on a less-than-ergo desk. I'm thinking about trying a new ergo mousesuch as a "zero tension mouse" (http://www.zerotensionmouse.com/moreinfo.asp). I've seen them for around $60. Has anyone used these, or any other similar products?
I've switched to a drawing tablet (Wacom) that I can keep in my lap. I think a lot of my problem was holding my arm out on the desk to use the mouse all of the time, but anything that lets you throw away the mouse is good!!
I did 200 miles in 2 days Saturday and Sunday (STP - Seattle to Portland Ride if you've every heard of it) with just a little bit of soreness in my neck and no shoulder pain. I got a really good massage on Saturday evening at the midpoint that helped a lot and I was really really diligent about moving my head around on the bike - I found myself holding my head really still and that was bad - if I nodded my head like I was saying yes rather stridently it really kept me from stiffening up and kept the pain away. I think I'll do this at my desk too.