Need 5 Epic February Rides in Arizona

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by [email protected], Feb 5, 2006.

  1. Heading to AZ next week on a seat-of-the-pants road trip. Looking for
    four or five 30+ mile rides, pref. near camping. All info appreciated.

    Also some info on cool LBS' in Tucson, Sedona, Scottsdale appreciated.

    Thanks,

    JMatt

    Tags:

  2. JD

    JD Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Heading to AZ next week on a seat-of-the-pants road trip. Looking for
    > four or five 30+ mile rides, pref. near camping. All info appreciated.

    Here's some info: There's this really cool search engine called
    "Google". You might want to try that. You're welcome.

    JD

  3. You need the book,

    Fat Tire Tales and Trails - Arizona Mountain Bike Trail Guide

    by Cosmic Ray (Has a cartoon of a guy going over the bars into the
    cactus on the front)

    Most bike shops in the Phoenix area will have a copy.

    I have ridden only on South Mountain, mainly because the trails are 3
    miles away from my house and I don't have to defile my bike by putting
    it on a rack.

    The Pima Canyon trailhead just off of 48th and Guadelupe is a good
    place to start. Cosmic Ray outlines several rides in his book that
    would qualify as epic, at least by my definition.

    One trail that you should look for that isn't on any map or in any book
    is the Corona Loma trail. I suggest that you walk the steepest part of
    the trail, which peaks out at a 22 percent grade and is very rocky.

    Just google for Corona Loma and you should be able to figure out how to
    get there.

    http://www.pbase.com/blackbart/azxmas

    Dave

  4. JD

    JD Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > You need the book,
    > Fat Tire Tales and Trails - Arizona Mountain Bike Trail Guide

    Single-sourcing is unwise in researching epic length rides, which is
    why I suggested Google to begin with. Google reveals much more than a
    single post in Usenet.

    JD

  5. Thanks for the info dave. I think we're going to start in Sedona and
    work our way to Tucson so Pima Canyon sounds like a great place to
    check out.

    I've seen the fat tires and trails guide on several websites and it
    look good.

    Again, I appreciate your time and if you're ever up Asheville, NC ways
    drop me a line.

  6. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> You need the book,
    >> Fat Tire Tales and Trails - Arizona Mountain Bike Trail Guide

    > Single-sourcing is unwise in researching epic length rides, which is
    > why I suggested Google to begin with. Google reveals much more than a
    > single post in Usenet.
    >
    > JD

    you're pathetic...trying to justify your being an asshole...jeez.