Need a 20" fork for my older Vision R-40 -- any leads or info please!

Walt Oliver

Guest
Hi, all.

I've been a lurker on this group for the last couple years and have
been thoroughly enjoying my R40 for the last 3.5 years. The bike is
of the older frame design.

I want to convert from a 16" front wheel to a 20", and am not
interested in a carbon fork as I'm fairly heavy, I often carry around
20 pounds of gear, and the roads are roughish around here (central
South Carolina).

Hostel Shoppe couldn't think of any sources, so I throw it out to the
collective wisdom of the group!

Thanks every so much!
Walt

Vision R40
Cannondale SuperV2000
own 2 feet

Remove -@- to reply via pmail

"Walt Oliver" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, all.
>
> I've been a lurker on this group for the last couple years and have
> been thoroughly enjoying my R40 for the last 3.5 years. The bike is
> of the older frame design.
>
> I want to convert from a 16" front wheel to a 20", and am not
> interested in a carbon fork as I'm fairly heavy, I often carry around
> 20 pounds of gear, and the roads are roughish around here (central
> South Carolina).
>
> Hostel Shoppe couldn't think of any sources, so I throw it out to the
> collective wisdom of the group!
>

> Thanks every so much!
> Walt
>
> Vision R40
> Cannondale SuperV2000
> own 2 feet

I should think it wouldn't be that hard to find a used Vision front fork
with 20" wheel somewhere

Walt Oliver wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I've been a lurker on this group for the last couple years and have
> been thoroughly enjoying my R40 for the last 3.5 years. The bike is
> of the older frame design.
>
> I want to convert from a 16" front wheel to a 20", and am not
> interested in a carbon fork as I'm fairly heavy, I often carry around
> 20 pounds of gear, and the roads are roughish around here (central
> South Carolina).
>
> Hostel Shoppe couldn't think of any sources, so I throw it out to the
> collective wisdom of the group!

Gaerlan Custom Cycles [1] has ISO 406-mm "20-inch" forks. The
"FORKMTB20" should fit your R40, as would the 'FORK20", but the latter
may need to have cantilever studs brazed on.

[1] <http://gaerlan.com/bikeparts/frame/forks/fork.html>.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Tom,

Thanks a million. I should've thought of Gaerlan!
Will call them tomorrow.

Walt