Need a commuting (road) shoe and maybe pedals.

Hoshnasi

Sep 26, 2006
I currently have these pedals. I'm using an older pair of mountain bike shoes with some really crappy cleats.

Can you recomend a nice road like pair of shoes that are easy to walk in and maybe some strong cleats?

I appreciate the help. No one I work with commutes so I'm pretty much alone on an island!

Thanks!

Hoshnasi said:
I currently have these pedals. I'm using an older pair of mountain bike shoes with some really crappy cleats.

Can you recomend a nice road like pair of shoes that are easy to walk in and maybe some strong cleats?

I appreciate the help. No one I work with commutes so I'm pretty much alone on an island!

Thanks!
I have been using the Crank Bros. EggBeaters pedals now for about a year and have been really pleased with them for commuting etc. They are easy to get in and out of and they make a version that has a larger platform, called the Candy, I think.

You might also want to look into the Speedplay pedals. Their road pedals move the action onto the shoe, rather than on the pedal, so it sit very low to the spindle and they float, allowing some rotation of your leg.

Hope that helps.

Hoshnasi said:

Thanks!
SHIMANO LINE OF SPX IS A GOOD CHOICE. THEY ARE GOOD TO WALK IN AND VERY EASY TO CLIP IN AND OUT OF