Need a Fork Bridge to bolt on V-Brake bosses to use a road brake caliper, 700c->650c.

gclark8

Apr 13, 2004
I have a Felt SR81 with 700c wheels and would like to try 650c wheels. My only problem is the brakes. Is there a fork bridge available to mount on the V-brake bosses to take a road brake caliper to work with the 650c rims?

This would not be difficult to fabricate, just wondered if it has already been done.

Diag: o-0-o

I just looked into the cost of 650 wheels, tyres, 2 brake calipers, I can buy a small 650c Avanti Prima cheaper.... I may look for a used bike and save some $$

I can now borrow a set of wheels from a friend, however the idea of fork bridges to use caliper brakes still appeals. Anyone done this?

gclark8 said:
I have a Felt SR81 with 700c wheels and would like to try 650c wheels. My only problem is the brakes. Is there a fork bridge available to mount on the V-brake bosses to take a road brake caliper to work with the 650c rims?

This would not be difficult to fabricate, just wondered if it has already been done.

Diag: o-0-o
650 wheels on a 700 frame is just wrong.

OK, I'll accept that, however my "wish list" frame is the Felt 52cm B2-650, all the geometry is the same as the 52cm 700c.

This brake bridge experiment would give me an indication of handling with smaller wheels and a low BB, 65-70mm drop. Yes MTBs with slicks are good to ride, but too high off the ground for me with only a 25-40mm BB drop. Cranks are 160.