Need a help picking the right bike.

godm0de

Apr 1, 2005
Ok...

Im about 150lbs and stand about 5"9.
Im looking for a good bike to go offroading and trail riding on. My budget for this bike is someware in the region of $500-$1000 in canadian funds.

Iv done quite a bit of biking but I usally just end up with a cheap ass bike that trashed at the end of summer. So this time I wanna spend money on some quality.

I have bought a few TREKS, they all have rocked, plenty to choose from in your price range, check out the EX7, thats my next bike, you can get them cheaper than the TREK web site says they sell for.

good luck
Jack
godm0de said:
Ok...

Im about 150lbs and stand about 5"9.
Im looking for a good bike to go offroading and trail riding on. My budget for this bike is someware in the region of $500-$1000 in canadian funds.

Iv done quite a bit of biking but I usally just end up with a cheap ass bike that trashed at the end of summer. So this time I wanna spend money on some quality.

At that price don't worry too much about the components and go for the best frame and fork set you can find. Trek, Specialized, Giant, Cannondale and Kona all make nice bikes and all should have some offerings at your price.

It is worth looking at whether the frameset on bikes in your price range is also used on higher end models because then you are getting good value for money. Components will wear out and you can always upgrade these later on when they wear out which helps to spread the cost of a quality bike. Wheels are also important to look for.

At that price you are unlikely to get a FS so don't waste your time unless you are prepared to go second hand. Make sure that the fork is a decent piece of kit. You should look out for forks manufactured by Marzocchi, Rock Shox (Except the Judy range) and (maybe) Manitou who all make good quality forks that might just be in your price range.

I don't know how $CA convert to £sterling or what bike prices are like in Canada so I am only able to give you these rough pointers.

Goodluck and happy riding.