Need a hill route, Newport Bch, CA

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by kuss, Jul 25, 2005.

1. kuss

kuss New Member

I'll be out in the Newport Beach area for 2 weeks at the beginning of August, looking for a route with hills, relatively safe traffic-wise for early morning rides. Anything 30-70 miles would be great. Just don't know the area at all, looks like some contour lines to the south down the coast??

Tags:

2. OCRoadie

OCRoadie New Member

I can send you a route. I have a few different routes (most are variations of the same loop). I just did one yesterday that started and ended in Newport, it was 70 miles with 5000' of climbing. Let me know the distance and climbing feet that you would like. I have some actual route slips that are excel files, and others that I just go out and ride, but I could make a route slip, it just wouldn't have the mileage between turns.

3. tri4fun

tri4fun New Member

OCRoadie,
    Can you please pass those slips my way, too?! I live in Orange and looking for more hills without getting too far from home, ie: Carbon Cyn Cent.
    Thanks again for the link to Cal Triple Crown. The routes are nice, long, and challenging.

4. Powderfinger

Powderfinger New Member

One word of advice:

Stay off Laguna Canyon Road until you've driven it once. Psycho drivers, twisty roads, and neglible bike lanes can make for more excitement than you might be looking for.

5. ch0mp

ch0mp New Member

I'm a new rider in Irvine and I need to find some good routes. Is there a website or something where good routes are listed? Thanks