Need a hill route, Newport Bch, CA

kuss

Sep 17, 2004
I'll be out in the Newport Beach area for 2 weeks at the beginning of August, looking for a route with hills, relatively safe traffic-wise for early morning rides. Anything 30-70 miles would be great. Just don't know the area at all, looks like some contour lines to the south down the coast??

I can send you a route. I have a few different routes (most are variations of the same loop). I just did one yesterday that started and ended in Newport, it was 70 miles with 5000' of climbing. Let me know the distance and climbing feet that you would like. I have some actual route slips that are excel files, and others that I just go out and ride, but I could make a route slip, it just wouldn't have the mileage between turns.

OCRoadie,
Can you please pass those slips my way, too?! I live in Orange and looking for more hills without getting too far from home, ie: Carbon Cyn Cent.
Thanks again for the link to Cal Triple Crown. The routes are nice, long, and challenging.

One word of advice:

Stay off Laguna Canyon Road until you've driven it once. Psycho drivers, twisty roads, and neglible bike lanes can make for more excitement than you might be looking for.

I'm a new rider in Irvine and I need to find some good routes. Is there a website or something where good routes are listed? Thanks