need a new bike any recommendations

In article
<[email protected]>,
"Stephen N" <[email protected]> wrote:

> In the hybrid range what are the giant farragos like??
> they have the giant farrago (599), giant cypress ( 439) and the giant crx 3
> "flat bar road bike" also a specialized sirrus flat bar road bike (799) but
> I am biased against specialized now.

Hi Stephen,

I have a Giant Innova which has the same frame as the Farrago but it has
disc brakes, LX,rear derailleur, different cranks and different tyres.

Basically it is a good commuter bike. It isn't particularly light
despite the alloy frame and rims, but on the other hand you're not going
to break it by hanging panniers off it. The 40 mm wheels are good if you
need to make occasional detours through mud or gravel. Unfortunately the
Farrago doesn't get the Innova's Maxxis Overdrive tyres, because in the
six months I've had this bike, I haven't had a single puncture, riding
to and from work most days.

Negatives would be the weight as I've already mentioned, and that the
steeply sloping top tube mean you can't mount a large D-lock inside the
frame.

Ian