Need A New Bottom Bracket

question man

Guest
All -

I need to replace the bottom bracket on one of my bikes, and based on
the recent thread regarding Phil Wood BB's, I'll go with them.

But I don't know which size to get.

The specfics are:

bike: Raleigh Touring 18
bb shell width: 68mm
crank SR / Suntour XCE, 175mm
old spindle: 3S

According to the Harris site [1] 3S spindles have the following
measurements:

overall length: 121.5
left end length: 32
right end length: 37.5
middle length: 52

but according to Bikepartsusa.com [2] the measurements are:

overall length: 124.5
left end length: 35
right end length: 37.5
middle length: 52

According to my onw measurements, Bikepartsusa.com is more accurate.

So which size Phil Wood BB should I get?

Thanks!

Phil

[1] http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/bottombrackets.html#sugino

[2] http://www.bikepartsusa.com/product_info.phtml?p=01-99032

question man wrote:
> All -
>
> I need to replace the bottom bracket on one of my bikes, and based on
> the recent thread regarding Phil Wood BB's, I'll go with them.
>
> But I don't know which size to get.
>
> The specfics are:
>
> bike: Raleigh Touring 18
> bb shell width: 68mm
> crank SR / Suntour XCE, 175mm
> old spindle: 3S
>
> According to the Harris site [1] 3S spindles have the following
> measurements:
>
> overall length: 121.5
> left end length: 32
> right end length: 37.5
> middle length: 52
>
> but according to Bikepartsusa.com [2] the measurements are:
>
> overall length: 124.5
> left end length: 35
> right end length: 37.5
> middle length: 52
>
> According to my onw measurements, Bikepartsusa.com is more accurate.
>
> So which size Phil Wood BB should I get?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Phil

BRS25....