Need a new road bike!

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by dmbacon, Apr 14, 2010.

1. dmbacon

dmbacon New Member

Hello,

I am currently shopping for a new road bike and have narrowed it down to my final two. I was hoping ya'll could give an opinion on which to go with. The bikes are Felt F95: F95 - Felt Bicycles
    Specialized Allez Sport Double: Specialized Bicycle Components : Allez Sport Double

The specialized is on sale and ends up being about ten dollars more than the felt, but I think I would prefer the felt's more aggressive positioning. I also want to make sure I have a good quality bike that will last.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Dayne

Tags:

2. oldbobcat

oldbobcat Well-Known Member

These bikes are quite equal in overall quality. If you prefer the more aggressive geometry of the Felt, get the Felt.

3. BroccoliStalk

BroccoliStalk New Member

I'm looking at the F95 as well. Do you think this would be a good entry level bike?

4. oldbobcat

oldbobcat Well-Known Member

The F95 is a fine bike for the guy or gal who wants a lower, more aggressive riding position and while keeping the cost under a grand. A caveat--if your build tends toward long legs and short torso, you might prefer a frame with shorter top tubes. Trek comes to mind, but there are others.

5. banim

banim New Member

if you need good bike you can for the best one and if you need the cheap bike you can go for the lowest one which look good

thanks