need a non timereleased vitamin!

JungleJesus

Jul 16, 2004
Hey my older brother is having a gastric bypass surgery and needs a great multi-vitamin that is not a time released type. Does anyone know a disolvable type that he can add to water or something?
The reason for not being able to use a time released type is that it would pass through his system too fast, due to his stomac being the size of a dime.

JungleJesus said:
Hey my older brother is having a gastric bypass surgery and needs a great multi-vitamin that is not a time released type. Does anyone know a disolvable type that he can add to water or something?
The reason for not being able to use a time released type is that it would pass through his system too fast, due to his stomac being the size of a dime.
Most regular multivit tablets are not time release, though the disintegration time is usually 20-30 minutes. Maybe try crushing the tablets and mixing them with some jam of honey.
Dissolvable tablets are't very popular in North America, but they are in Europe. Check in a health food store, they might have some.

eric_the_red said:
Most regular multivit tablets are not time release, though the disintegration time is usually 20-30 minutes. Maybe try crushing the tablets and mixing them with some jam of honey.
Dissolvable tablets are't very popular in North America, but they are in Europe. Check in a health food store, they might have some.
thanks mate. that is exactly what we are doing currently. Its hard for me to keep up to date on all the nutriants.

JungleJesus said:
Most Multi-Vitamins are not time-release but most are of poor quality (amount of each nutrient, ratio's, etc.) If you are looking for a 'great' multi that you can trust I suggest USANA. Good luck with brothers surgery !