Need a route map from L.A. to San Diego

Derek

Guest
Does anyone know of a web resource that would have a route map for riding from L.A. to San Diego?
I'm planning on doing this ride solo this weekend but don't really want to go trailblazing and
wasting time down roads that aren't gonna keep me on track.

Thanks in advance, Derek

Derek wrote:
> Does anyone know of a web resource that would have a route map for riding from L.A. to San Diego?
> I'm planning on doing this ride solo this weekend but don't really want to go trailblazing and
> wasting time down roads that aren't gonna keep me on track.

I don't know of a map.

The last I heard, cyclists who aren't members of the military can't go through Pendelton marine base
anymore except on I-5 (for 16 miles). South of Pendelton, you want to be on the Coast Highway
(a.k.a. S21, Old Highway 101, Hill, Carlsbad, Torrey Pines), which will take you all the way to
UCSD/La Jolla (about 35-40 miles from Pendleton). I'm not sure what to tell you from there because I
don't know where you're trying to go.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Ds=n&uz=92054&BFClient=&BFKey=&poi=&poititle=&BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&ed=v-
Pr42Op_0TqVTTl5lgqRFyO_LANO.Jbuob2hAtB3NXtZlt4QBHOq_HsrWkDQnydBkpmZHmbKBSxqpg5redYLaJNALM1y&csz=Oce-
anside%2C+CA&country=us&mag=9&cs=4&map.x=191&map.y=126

I've never done the ride north of Pendelton. It looks like Pacific Coast Highway 1 should get you
from areas north of LA to Pendelton.

--Bill Davidson
--
Please remove ".nospam" from my address for email replies.

I'm a 17 year veteran of usenet -- you'd think I'd be over it by now

"Bill Davidson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:N%SXa.37525$Ne.10109@fed1read03...
> Derek wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a web resource that would have a route map for riding from L.A. to San
> > Diego? I'm planning on doing this ride solo this weekend but don't really want to go
> > trailblazing and wasting time down roads that aren't gonna keep me on track.
>
> I don't know of a map.
>
> The last I heard, cyclists who aren't members of the military can't go through Pendelton marine
> base anymore except on I-5 (for 16 miles). South of Pendelton, you want to be on the Coast Highway
> (a.k.a. S21, Old Highway 101, Hill, Carlsbad, Torrey Pines), which will take you all the way to
> UCSD/La Jolla (about 35-40 miles from Pendleton). I'm not sure what to tell you from there because
> I don't know where you're trying to go.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Ds=n&uz=92054&BFClient=&BFKey=&poi=&poititl
e=&BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&ed=vPr42Op_0TqVTTl5lgqRFyO_LANO.Jbuob2hAtB3NXtZlt4QBHOq_H
srWkDQnydBkpmZHmbKBSxqpg5redYLaJNALM1y&csz=Oceanside%2C+CA&country=us&mag=9&
cs=4&map.x=191&map.y=126

> I've never done the ride north of Pendelton. It looks like Pacific Coast Highway 1 should get you
> from areas north of LA to Pendelton.
>
> --Bill Davidson
> --
> Please remove ".nospam" from my address for email replies.
>
> I'm a 17 year veteran of usenet -- you'd think I'd be over it by now

When we did a loaded tour down the coast last September we were able to ride most of the way through
Pendleton on a bike path. The last 7 miles through the base, the bike path ended and we had to ride
on the shoulder of I-5.