Need a value on this bike

TheDoctor123

Feb 16, 2017
Im thinking of buying this bike can you give me a value on it and maybe some more info on it. The brand is Centurion LeMans thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_3764.PNG
    IMG_3764.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
At $90 its probably a better buy than a similarly priced department store bike. But the big thing is - does it fit you?

Might want to check this thread in another forum:http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...s/788654-rough-estimate-centurion-lemans.html

Or post there.

Re "good brand" and "daily use"

It WAS a decent brand. But by now that bike is OLD.
I can't tell from here what condition it's in.
If it's been seriously neglected or mistreated, that can destroy ALL the initial quality.

Unless there's any structural damage, it'd be perfectly possible to get it back into full working order.
Parts are still available, and the usual service items ( brake pads, cables, bar tape, tires/tubes can be had quite cheap).
Then there's the labor associated with a teardown and lube - which is something you should do/have done if you want the bike to last in daily use.
Were you planning to do it yourself, or to have it serviced?

It has a rack and a rear fender. IMO that's a good start for a bike with utility riding in mind.
I'd add a front fender and a mud flap pretty darn quick.

It wouldn't be my ideal daily ride.
I don't find drop bars particularly useful for urban/suburban riding.
Gearing is probably on the high side. Expect to find some hills challenging.

Might want to check this thread in another forum:http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...s/788654-rough-estimate-centurion-lemans.html

Or post there.

If it's been seriously neglected or mistreated, that can destroy ALL the initial quality.

Unless there's any structural damage, it'd be perfectly possible to get it back into full working order.
Parts are still available, and the usual service items ( brake pads, cables, bar tape, tires/tubes can be had quite cheap).
Then there's the labor associated with a teardown and lube - which is something you should do/have done if you want the bike to last in daily use.

It has a rack and a rear fender. IMO that's a good start for a bike with utility riding in mind.

The

Or post there.

h

It's been fully restored from my understanding so everything works properly I'll be using to get to work and home it's a 15 minute bike ride

The Centurion LeMans was a low mid level bike back in the day assuming it's about a 79 vintage from the color. Depending on condition the price being asked is about right and no department store will offer anything close that could last for a long time. While the problem with it is it's age and the lack of new parts available all is not lost, there are plenty of vintage parts on E-bay, and some stuff is sold new, and you can get a pretty wide assortment of 27" tires these days as well, so to keep it going won't be a problem. BUT, again the question is wyouhat condition is it in, does it have a lot of miles on it? does have any rust? You don't want a bike that has most of the stuff already worn out, and with that sort of age it could go either way. I've bought 30 plus year old bikes that had from 5 to 250 miles on the bike that whole time! So I would look at it at the very least so I could determine how little or how a lot it been ridden.

If that bike has been ridden very little it could make a great first time bike, then once you get a few years of riding under your belt and you're ready to get a nice one then you'll be ready.