Need advice buying a bike, stuck between models :)

Ethnod

Jul 10, 2011
[SIZE=12pt]Hi guys,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]So I could really use some help. Over the last couple of months I have been surfing the web, talking to friends, posting on boards (this one included) and talking to people shops about which bike is the right one for me. I have narrowed the options down to 2 bikes that I feel will work for me but I am now stuck and could really use some help.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The bikes are:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]- [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Giant Defy 2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]- [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Trek 1.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I could really use some advice about which of these would be best for commuting/touring/fitness, which one would be more reliable and which one would be better value for money?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Any help, thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks[/SIZE]

Sorry sorry guys, For giant I meant the Giant Defy 2. It was 3am here, I was tired :D

I'm not positive, but i believe the defy 2 comes with better components than the 1.2. However, the defy 2 is also more expensive. I would choose the defy 2, but it all depends on your price range.

The trek 1.5 is more equivalent to the defy 2 if you like the trek.

I just put a deposit on a trek 1.2 today....sharp looking bike and for my needs, its more than enough. Im primarily going to use it for fitness and recreational use so I didnt see the need to drop over $1k on a bicycle at this point. I got what I thought was a killer deal on the Trek from a local LBS. All others were selling it between 870-900, but I got lucky and got it for $729 (he was an old client of mine) and its the 2011 model. Not trying to persuade you towards the Trek, just don't know too much about the Giant. Go to your LBS and check them out. Whatever you go with, just make sure you are happy.

Ride them if they have them in stock and then pick the one that you liked best. This is kinda hard to do if no one in your area has one for a test ride though.