Need advice for a bike PLEASE !!!!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by boyd, Feb 14, 2005.

1. boyd

boyd New Member

Went bike shopping this weekend and my head is spinning. Here's my history. I've been riding limited for 2 years. Last year I did a couple of sprint tri's and loved them. I have 200$ bike and want to move up. I found a bike and was wondering if it was right for me. It's a Specialized Multisport. It has the aero bars and flattended frame, flattened spokes, carbon fork and seat tube, tri seat. 105 gears.
    I like this bike because it has similarities of a tri bike w/o the shifters being on the aero bars. I wanted a tri bike but don't like that feature. So here's some questions: are bike shops usually negotiable on price, are tri bikes really that much faster, is 1150$ a good price for this bike, what are the main things I need to look for in a bike that will be only used for training and racing shorter tri's?
    I'm new and have only talked with people trying to sell me a bike.
    I'd truly appreciate any help. I'm also not limited to a new bike but can't seem to find a good used bike. Thanks in advance for the help.
    BOYD

Tags:

2. RC2

RC2 New Member

1150 for a full 105 Al bike isn't a terrible price. Getting something that doubles as a road bike is a good option for a starter bike, but ultimately won't be quite as aero as a full-on tri bike, no biggie unless you get really competitive.