Need Advice - Frame coating repair

MountainPro

Aug 11, 2004
Here is a picture of the top tube of my mtb. It has done a few thousand off-road miles. The frame is Easton Elite Taperwall Alloy. There appears to be a laquer coating that has rubbed/chipped off over the years from the cables and other objects. Underneath is the bare metal.

Is there a way to restore this coating (or get rid of it) to make the frame shine again? Some kind of solvent or polish?

It looks awful but the frame itself is solid and i love it...

thanks,

More stickers perhaps? You might be able to get some of the scuffs cleaned up with a few coats of car wax.

artmichalek said:
More stickers perhaps? You might be able to get some of the scuffs cleaned up with a few coats of car wax.
cheers, ita well known fact that the more stickers you have the faster you can go, it works the same a go-fast stripes on cars...

i thought everyone knew that, its newtons 4th law of motion.

MountainPro said:
cheers, ita well known fact that the more stickers you have the faster you can go, it works the same a go-fast stripes on cars...

i thought everyone knew that, its newtons 4th law of motion.
That only works for red bikes. You want to keep the back side of yours nice and reflective so you get a push from the photons that bounce off.