Need advice on picking a mountain bike

nomad_1998

Dec 12, 2005
Hi all,

I am in need of some advice for selecting a bike. I will be using this bike to ride to uni which is about 12km from where I live. Also I will also be using it to go mountain bike orienteering. Lastly where I live can get pretty hilly.

The guy at the bike shop said a Trek 3900 should do the trick but I think he is full of **** and I am wanting to get a second opion. If anyone could give me some advice I would greatly appreaciate it.

Thanks for your help, Cheers
Adam

Not a Trek MTB fan. Gary Fisher's geometry is the best I have ridden. Giant is good at the upper end of the spectrum, but I don't like their lower end bikes.

nomad_1998 said:
Hi all,

I am in need of some advice for selecting a bike. I will be using this bike to ride to uni which is about 12km from where I live. Also I will also be using it to go mountain bike orienteering. Lastly where I live can get pretty hilly.

The guy at the bike shop said a Trek 3900 should do the trick but I think he is full of **** and I am wanting to get a second opion. If anyone could give me some advice I would greatly appreaciate it.

Thanks for your help, Cheers
Adam

triguy98 said:
Not a Trek MTB fan. Gary Fisher's geometry is the best I have ridden. Giant is good at the upper end of the spectrum, but I don't like their lower end bikes.
Thank you for your replys they are much appreciated. But I have already bought a Trek 4500 only two days before your posts. Anyway looks like it will have to do.

Again thanks for your help.

Adam

bollocks, send it back to the shop, tell them the frame is scratched or something.

nomad_1998 said:
Thank you for your replys they are much appreciated. But I have already bought a Trek 4500 only two days before your posts. Anyway looks like it will have to do.

Again thanks for your help.

Adam