Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

need advice on selecting clincher race wheels

Started by namg_engr · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,202 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
19 July 2005
Last activity
19 July 2005
Original author
namg_engr
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,202
Views / 30 days
9

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello,

    I'm interested in purchasing a set of clincher road race wheels but I'm having difficulty selecting a set from the many advertised.

    My weight is 170 lbs. Many years ago I rode on Mavic GL330, 32 hole with Campy Record hubs and at the time this was a nice set but I'd like to go clincher but maintain about the same total weight as the GL330 set yet strong enough to support my weight. I understand clinchers have come along way since the GL330 days and I'm interested in knowing what most racers riding clinchers are using these days?

    I'd appreciate any suggestions.

    Regards.

    -tom

  2. namg_engr said:

    Hello,

    I'm interested in purchasing a set of clincher road race wheels but I'm having difficulty selecting a set from the many advertised.

    My weight is 170 lbs. Many years ago I rode on Mavic GL330, 32 hole with Campy Record hubs and at the time this was a nice set but I'd like to go clincher but maintain about the same total weight as the GL330 set yet strong enough to support my weight. I understand clinchers have come along way since the GL330 days and I'm interested in knowing what most racers riding clinchers are using these days?

    I'd appreciate any suggestions.

    Regards.

    -tom

    I ride clinchers. It's a Campy Montreal aluminum rim (32 hole) with a Campy Chorus hub on front and PowerTap SL in back. I like them because they're a good compromise between strength and weight. They've discontinued this rim (don't know why) but you can still find dealers with them in inventory. I'm 175 lbs and feel very confident on them.

  3. Most any pre-built by Campy will be excellent: Bora, Eurus, Ghibli, Hyperon, Neutron, Pista, Proton, Shamal, Zonda. It just depends on your budget, the type of racing, and/or your preference.

    http://www.campagnolo.com/newprodw.php

    I've owned the Shamals, Nucleons (Neutron), and Zondas. Not a single problem out of all six of those wheels, and all are fast.

    Also look into Fulcrum wheels, they're made/owned by Campy.

    http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/home.html?lang=en

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.