Need advice on titanium 105 used bike

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by tdcadillac, Jul 15, 2020.

1. tdcadillac

tdcadillac New Member

Hello all

I don't know much about used bike.

this is a used bike with 105 shimano

is it a good buy?

" 2018 Eclipse Titanium 58 cm road bike...with carbon fork. Titanium frame is flexproof and bulletproof... Shimano 105 drive components 27 speed with flight deck double shifters.. Shimano caliper brakes with new pads... Ritchey adjustable headset Recent Bontrager tires on 700 x 23 Alloy wheels. No warps... Shimano clip pedals.. Everything is good condition...( minor scratches)...no repairs needed... Accesories available..elbow pads ...odometer... Asking 700 Absolutely not negotiable...( 1300 new)..."

Tags:

2. dabac

dabac Well-Known Member

A 27-speed 2018 105?
    27 speed would mean 3x9. Were there really 3x9 105 groupsets made in 2018?
    23mm tires aren’t considered that great anymore. Wider rims and wider tires can give a lower drag and more comfortable ride.
    Have no idea what is meant by ”double shifters”. Or ”adjustable headset”.
    Can still be an OK price for a Ti frame & CF fork - if it fits you.

tdcadillac likes this.
  3. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

First let's get the hype out of the way, NO material used to build bicycle frames is flexproof or bulletproof!

Having said that the Enigma bike is a very highly praised bike, getting 4 1/2 stars consistently across several websites I saw. So really what I want to know is how much is this used bike going for? Bikes do NOT hold their value long, though Ti holds the longest it still takes a huge hit in the first year, and if the seller thinks he can get $2,500 or so out of it then he's out of his mind! Heck you could buy a new TI bike for close to that price like the Lynskey R300, or the Litespeed T5 or the Litespeed Ultimate, and then you would have a warranty on the components and the frame.

I would be wondering why the guy is selling his TI bike, yeah I know they have all sorts of excuses, but did he find out he damaged the fork and the damage is hidden? did he crack the frame someplace and you haven't found it? Most people don't just sell their Ti bikes after a year or two of riding.

tdcadillac likes this.
  4. tdcadillac

tdcadillac New Member

that is my reasoning as well. If I have to pay a used for that price why not buying a new one and get the warranty. I want to buy a used bike and I am taking the risk so the price should be reasonable not close to a new one.
    Thanks Froze always much appreciated.