Need advice on Wheeler Roadbikes

AdamVW

Sep 30, 2007
Hi all

I am after anyones knowledge of Wheeler roadbikes. I don't seem to be able to find much on the net.

Thankyou for your time.:D

AdamVW

All I know is that they're heavy for what they are when I've picked them up in bike shops:eek: .
Paul

AdamVW said:
Hi all

I am after anyones knowledge of Wheeler roadbikes. I don't seem to be able to find much on the net.

Thankyou for your time.:D

AdamVW

Bigbananabike said:
All I know is that they're heavy for what they are when I've picked them up in bike shops:eek: .
Paul
Thanks Big B,

Hmmm........ Extra weight is certainly something I could do without!!

Actually George has one so I should go have a look. He may talk me into buying it though :eek: !!

Has anyone else spent time riding one though? (besides George ;))

Cheers,

Adam

AdamVW said:
Actually George has one so I should go have a look. He may talk me into buying it though :eek: !!

Has anyone else spent time riding one though? (besides George ;))
Adam,

It's never been ridden! :p I bought the Frameset New Old Stock and built up the bike to sell. Weight, not as light as a carbon bike, but lighter than the alloy Felt I have here.

I have options to the build list, zero offset seat post, 175mm cranks, ladies saddle :D .

gclark8 said:
Adam,

It's never been ridden! :p I bought the Frameset New Old Stock and built up the bike to sell. Weight, not as light as a carbon bike, but lighter than the alloy Felt I have here.

I have options to the build list, zero offset seat post, 175mm cranks, ladies saddle :D .
Hi George,

Gees, your wearing me down buddy. :p

I will try and get up there some time but if I was too buy it would have to be a lay by job though.

Cheers,

Adam

Update from Adam: :D
Hi all,

Just like to say thank you but I am no longer in the market for a new bike.

I paid a visit to fellow RTC friends Dave and Gloria Stewart at their Lake Bikes shop at the Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre located handily near the soon to be opened Success Railway Station.

Dave was very helpful in helping me choose and lay-by a very nice new 46.5cm 2008 Apollo Ventoux that not only fitted my limited budget but will be very much a step up from my current hybrid that has been faithfully assisting me to/from work for some time but was not really up to the challenge of tri.

With the confusing array of bikes on the market, I certainly recommend seeking assistance from professionals such as Dave and Gloria at Lake Bikes (9498 5677) in helping fit you to the right bike (at no cost), well worth it.

Details of my new bike can be found at: http://www.apollobikes.com/apolloproducts/id/45/cid/17/parent/0/t/apolloproducts/title/Ventoux

Thanks Dave and Gloria and all the best for success with your new store.

PS: Thanks also to George Clark for his kind offer in relation to the Wheeler but as they say, "Close but no cigar!".

Cheers,
AdamVW