Aug 2, 2003
Ok here is the deal..
This y 22 is BRAND NEW never ridden.....carbon frame
has XTR rear LX front XT Shifters
Manitou x-vert shock with the remote lock out fox rear shock
I have wanted this bike since i was a kid

How much would you pay for it?
Keep in mind its in perfect condition
and used to retail for 3200$ back in 1999...

so plzzzzzzzz respond with a price i should ask this guy for!
thanks all!

Probably $500 - 600, that seems to be what a clean, relatively stock Y22 brings on ebay.

I've had my Y22 for about four years - about the only thing I haven't changed is the seatpost and handlebars, everything else got replaced, including frame (found a natural carbon frame cheap, looks cool).

The Y isn't considered a state of the art bike anymore, though a locking shock cures most of the complaints. I ended up with a Stratos XC Pro shock with remote lockout, works great. Same with the Atom 80 front fork, nothing but good experiences.

I like the Y22 - it's relatively inexpensive for what you get.

thanks for the quick response!
have u ever had any issues with it?

the one on ebay is pretty beat up..
and this one is kinda new so i am think over 1000$ is about right cuz it basically is buying a brand new bike retail..

What color scheme do you have?
tell me more!!!!!!!! thanks!

Not to disparage the Y, but $1k will get you something a little more contemporary, Trek Fuel or Giant NRS.

The Y is an interesting bike - mine is turned out in natural carbon fiber, which is especially good looking - but it's a bit heavier than the newer bikes, tends to bob more under heavy peadling. Locking shock helps that.

If I add up what I spent on mine, it's probably around $1k, but that's with Rolf Dolomite wheels, RaceFace Next crank, XTR brakes/shifters, Marzocchi front shock, Stratos XCPro rear shock. A stock Y22 won't be nearly as nicely equipped.

If you really want a killer Y, you might get a bare frame from ebay ($200, give or take a few) and build it up.

Originally posted by JohnO
Probably $500 - 600, that seems to be what a clean, relatively stock Y22 brings on ebay.

I've had my Y22 for about four years - about the only thing I haven't changed is the seatpost and handlebars, everything else got replaced, including frame (found a natural carbon frame cheap, looks cool).

The Y isn't considered a state of the art bike anymore, though a locking shock cures most of the complaints. I ended up with a Stratos XC Pro shock with remote lockout, works great. Same with the Atom 80 front fork, nothing but good experiences.

I like the Y22 - it's relatively inexpensive for what you get.
Where did u get the "Natural Carbon frame" I'm debating whether 2 get a trek carbon y frame.

Originally posted by izzodesh
Ok here is the deal..

thanks all!
Decided what you're going 2 ask 4 it? & what size & color is it? Thanks

izzodesh said:
Ok here is the deal..

thanks all!
I recently sold one that was in dry storage and looked near new (tires needed) for $350.00 usd