Need Advice - Totally Frustrated - Please Help

Michael W.

Guest
Hi all,

It's been a while since I last posted. I mean like 4 months plus. Speaking of plus I have regained
some of the 112lbs that I had lost when I last posted. I am still down about 75lbs but am really
frustrated over that fact that I cannot seem to get thing moving in the downward direction again. I
am still working out like a mad man, burning 5-6 thousand calories a week and doing a full body
strength training routine 3 days a week.

Honestly, I think that I am working out to much but I have reached a point where it's easy. I can
exercise at 80/85% of my target heart rate for an hour without breathing hard. Break a hell of a
sweat yes, but still have plenty energy left when it's over.

I called weight watchers and they told me that I need to eat about 1/2 of my workout points because
I am burning through about 1/2 of what they suggest I eat. So, it's like I need to eat more to lose
more. The problem is that it's hard to eat that many points (mid 40's) of healthy food because at
some point you get tired of eating.

The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of the weight that I have pt
back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and I had it somewhat confirmed by some of the
trainers in my gym. The problem however is that I still weigh 300lbs and need to get rid of at
least another
60/70 lbs sooner than later.

If any of you have gone through this (been going on for like 4/5 months) please give me some advice.
I need your help.

Thanks,

Michael W.

60/1/1(1) - Lowest weight was 270.

Ps: For those of you who remember me/us....Charise W. is still a happy lifetime member. Going on her
1 year lifetime anniversary.

Michael W. wrote:
> I am still working out like a mad man, burning 5-6 thousand calories a week and doing a full body
> strength training routine 3 days a week.

From that type of workout I assume you are new to weightlifting. Does your weight gain started by
any chance at the same time you started to lift? When you start to work out like this incredible
weight gains are quite common since the body tends to retain lots of water in the muscles.

> The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of the weight that I have pt
> back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and I had it somewhat confirmed by some of the
> trainers in my gym.

I'm currently experiencing pretty much the same you do. I started WW in December last year and got
into serious lifting in January.

While my weight dropped from 88 kg (194 lbs) to 81 (178 lbs) my bodyfat dropped from 32% to 24,5%.

So while my net weight loss is 7 kg (15,4 lbs) I lost almost 8,5 kg (18,7 lbs) of fat.

Keep in mind that muscle weights more per cubic inch than fat. Try to get a scale or other device
that is capable of meassuring your body fat and (even if contrary to the WW program) start
evaluating your success by using your bodyfat and a mirror.

> The problem however is that I still weigh 300lbs and need to get rid of at least another
> 60/70 lbs sooner than later.

The more muscle you pack on your body the easier will it be to get rid of the unwanted fat due to
increases resting metabolic rate.

> If any of you have gone through this (been going on for like 4/5 months) please give me some
> advice. I need your help.

Keep lifting, keep doing cardio, keep eating healthy. Get a whey protein powder and some flax seed
oil. The one I use is 3 points (german points that is YMMV) per shake with skim milk, if I add a
tablespoon of flaxseed oil it has 6 points with the healthiest fat you can get.

Yes, this sound yuck, but better than a tuna shake that is advocated in the newsgroups I usually
hang out :D

Drink one right after your workout and one at night, when you are about to go to bed.

This is counterproductive to your goal since it will help you get more muscle and therefor your
weight, but in the long run it will help.

Cheers Marc

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:59:27 GMT, "Michael W." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>It's been a while since I last posted. I mean like 4 months plus. Speaking of plus I have regained
>some of the 112lbs that I had lost when I last posted. I am still down about 75lbs but am really
>frustrated over that fact that I cannot seem to get thing moving in the downward direction again. I
>am still working out like a mad man, burning 5-6 thousand calories a week and doing a full body
>strength training routine 3 days a week.
>
>Honestly, I think that I am working out to much but I have reached a point where it's easy. I can
>exercise at 80/85% of my target heart rate for an hour without breathing hard. Break a hell of a
>sweat yes, but still have plenty energy left when it's over.
>
>I called weight watchers and they told me that I need to eat about 1/2 of my workout points because
>I am burning through about 1/2 of what they suggest I eat. So, it's like I need to eat more to lose
>more. The problem is that it's hard to eat that many points (mid 40's) of healthy food because at
>some point you get tired of eating.
>
>The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of the weight that I have pt
>back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and I had it somewhat confirmed by some of the
>trainers in my gym. The problem however is that I still weigh 300lbs and need to get rid of at
>least another
>60/70 lbs sooner than later.
>
>If any of you have gone through this (been going on for like 4/5 months) please give me some
>advice. I need your help.

Maybe WW isn't doing it for you. http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html This site will tell
you approximately what your base metabolic rate is
- but don't tell it all your exercise, just your normal activity.. If you eat about 500 calories per
day less than that you should lose about 1lb a week. The amazing amount of exercise you do will
mean you'll lose a bit more. At 300 lbs it should be fairly easy to lose weight.
http://www.fitday.com will help you track calories. The weight lifting will help. Make sure you
get lots of protein. In particular get some protein after a lifting session - within the hour.

If you need to eat lots of points, then eat stuff like peanut butter and snack on nuts. Add olive or
flax seed oil to rice and pasta.

I'm not sure what you are eating but if you are gaining weight week on week it's too much.

Ray
--
rmnsuk
273/207/182

OK. Well. I sorta did this, and think I'm about to have to do it again - eat more to lose more. Who
says all the points you eat have to be the healthy ones? Part of the pleasure I take in all the
points I earn is that I actually pretty much have to eat cheesecake or something equally fattening
once a week just to use up a chunk of them. Sure - use some of them as healthily as you can - but
some of them you can treat yourself with too? And I sure as hell enjoy my gooey pud moment, having
well and truly earnt it. No guilt involved whatsoever. If you don't eat enough for what you're using
- your body is going to demand payback at some point. It either won't lose like you want to, or
it'll cease to function properly. I can tell - when I start feeling dopey, very sleepy, that I've
been overdoing it. I'm simply not giving the machine enough to function.........

Did that help? I doubt it - but I tried!

--
krys

UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

"Michael W." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pwnZb.22466$4o.40721@attbi_s52...
> Hi all,
>
> It's been a while since I last posted. I mean like 4 months plus. Speaking of plus I have regained
> some of the 112lbs that I had lost when I last posted. I am still down about 75lbs but am really
> frustrated over that
fact
> that I cannot seem to get thing moving in the downward direction again. I
am
> still working out like a mad man, burning 5-6 thousand calories a week and doing a full body
> strength training routine 3 days a week.
>
> Honestly, I think that I am working out to much but I have reached a point where it's easy. I can
> exercise at 80/85% of my target heart rate for an hour without breathing hard. Break a hell of a
> sweat yes, but still have plenty energy left when it's over.
>
> I called weight watchers and they told me that I need to eat about 1/2 of
my
> workout points because I am burning through about 1/2 of what they suggest
> eat. So, it's like I need to eat more to lose more. The problem is that
it's
> hard to eat that many points (mid 40's) of healthy food because at some point you get tired
> of eating.
>
> The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of
the
> weight that I have pt back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and I had it somewhat
> confirmed by some of the trainers in my gym. The problem however is that I still weigh 300lbs and
> need to get rid of at least
another
> 60/70 lbs sooner than later.
>
> If any of you have gone through this (been going on for like 4/5 months) please give me some
> advice. I need your help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael W.
>
> 380/306/200(220) - Lowest weight was 270.
>
> Ps: For those of you who remember me/us....Charise W. is still a happy lifetime member. Going on
> her 1 year lifetime anniversary.

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:59:27 GMT, "Michael W." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>It's been a while since I last posted. I mean like 4 months plus.

Hi Michael, welcome back. It's goo to "see" you again :)

>If any of you have gone through this (been going on for like 4/5 months) please give me some
>advice. I need your help.

I'm sorry you've gained some weight back and are struggling. I'm going through the same thing. It's
incredibly frustrating but I don't have any advice, sorry. I just wanted to let you know that you're
not alone. Good luck :)

>Ps: For those of you who remember me/us....Charise W. is still a happy lifetime member. Going on
> her 1 year lifetime anniversary.

Congratulations to Charise :)

--
Erin in NZ
125/89/75 kgs

RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Lots of great advice here Marc. I actually dropped the weights to 3 days of full body vs. every
other day of uppers and every other day of lowers for 6 days. I just started doing protein and yes,
it seems that I am building muscle. My arms are getting bigger (or should I say - reshaping) as are
my calves and thighs. That said, I would love to start seeing some bulk reduction vs. the muscle for
fat replacement that appears to be taking place.

Thank you so much for the reply. This is a lot of really useful information.

Michael W.

"Marc Heimann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
online.com...
> Michael W. wrote:
> > I am still working out like a mad man, burning 5-6 thousand calories a week
and
> > doing a full body strength training routine 3 days a week.
>
> From that type of workout I assume you are new to weightlifting. Does your weight gain started by
> any chance at the same time you started to lift? When you start to work out like this incredible
> weight gains are quite common since the body tends to retain lots of water in the muscles.
>
> > The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of
the
> > weight that I have pt back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and
> > had it somewhat confirmed by some of the trainers in my gym.
>
> I'm currently experiencing pretty much the same you do. I started WW in December last year and got
> into serious lifting in
January.

> While my weight dropped from 88 kg (194 lbs) to 81 (178 lbs) my bodyfat dropped from 32% to 24,5%.
>
> So while my net weight loss is 7 kg (15,4 lbs) I lost almost 8,5 kg (18,7 lbs) of fat.
>
> Keep in mind that muscle weights more per cubic inch than fat. Try to get a scale or other device
> that is capable of meassuring your body fat and (even if contrary to the WW program) start
> evaluating your success by using your bodyfat and a mirror.
>
> > The problem however is that I still weigh 300lbs and need to get rid of at least
another
> > 60/70 lbs sooner than later.
>
> The more muscle you pack on your body the easier will it be to get rid of the unwanted fat due to
> increases resting metabolic rate.
>
> > If any of you have gone through this (been going on for like 4/5 months) please give me some
> > advice. I need your help.
>
> Keep lifting, keep doing cardio, keep eating healthy. Get a whey protein powder and some flax seed
> oil. The one I use is 3 points (german points that is YMMV) per shake with skim milk, if I add a
> tablespoon of flaxseed oil it has 6 points with the healthiest fat you can get.
>
> Yes, this sound yuck, but better than a tuna shake that is advocated in the newsgroups I usually
> hang out :D
>
> Drink one right after your workout and one at night, when you are about to go to bed.
>
> This is counterproductive to your goal since it will help you get more muscle and therefor your
> weight, but in the long run it will help.
>
> Cheers Marc

Thanks Ray, I am all over fit.com as of about 2 weeks ago and you are right about me having to find
alternate sources of calories. I burn literally between 1100 and 1300 kcals during a 1 hours
elliptical session. I use a Polar heart monitor which tracks my heart rate and the number of
calories burned based on my age, weight, height etc so I know that it's accurate.

The interesting thing is that I have stopped gaining and appear to be stuck at this weight. I am
hoping to get things moving in a downward direction again. If you use 60 calories per point as a
calculator the 31/32 ww points that I have to eat only gets me to 2160 cals. On big workout days I
burn through more than 1/2 of these in an hour.

I am going to check out the other site that you suggested for some insight.

Thanks again,

Mike

Ps: this exercise routine is like 18 months in. when I first started at 380 i could barley do 1/2 on
a flat surface treadmill.

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:59:27 GMT, "Michael W." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >It's been a while since I last posted. I mean like 4 months plus.
Speaking
> >of plus I have regained some of the 112lbs that I had lost when I last posted. I am still down
> >about 75lbs but am really frustrated over that
fact
> >that I cannot seem to get thing moving in the downward direction again. I
am
> >still working out like a mad man, burning 5-6 thousand calories a week
and
> >doing a full body strength training routine 3 days a week.
> >
> >Honestly, I think that I am working out to much but I have reached a
point
> >where it's easy. I can exercise at 80/85% of my target heart rate for an hour without breathing
> >hard. Break a hell of a sweat yes, but still have plenty energy left when it's over.
> >
> >I called weight watchers and they told me that I need to eat about 1/2 of
my
> >workout points because I am burning through about 1/2 of what they
suggest I
> >eat. So, it's like I need to eat more to lose more. The problem is that
it's
> >hard to eat that many points (mid 40's) of healthy food because at some point you get tired of
> >eating.
> >
> >The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of
the
> >weight that I have pt back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and I had it somewhat
> >confirmed by some of the trainers in my gym. The problem however is that I still weigh 300lbs and
> >need to get rid of at least
another
> >60/70 lbs sooner than later.
> >
> >If any of you have gone through this (been going on for like 4/5 months) please give me some
> >advice. I need your help.
>
> Maybe WW isn't doing it for you. http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html This site will
> tell you approximately what your base metabolic rate is
> - but don't tell it all your exercise, just your normal activity.. If you eat about 500 calories
> per day less than that you should lose about 1lb a week. The amazing amount of exercise you do
> will mean you'll lose a bit more. At 300 lbs it should be fairly easy to lose weight.
> http://www.fitday.com will help you track calories. The weight lifting will help. Make sure you
> get lots of protein. In particular get some protein after a lifting session - within the hour.
>
> If you need to eat lots of points, then eat stuff like peanut butter and snack on nuts. Add olive
> or flax seed oil to rice and pasta.
>
> I'm not sure what you are eating but if you are gaining weight week on week it's too much.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk
> 273/207/182

Totally helped Krys. Thanks for the reply. Going to get a scoop of double
chocolate mocha ice cream... now :)

Michael

"krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> > hard to eat that many points (mid 40's) of healthy food because at some point you get tired of
> > eating.
> >
> > The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of
> the
> > weight that I have pt back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and
> > had it somewhat confirmed by some of the trainers in my gym. The problem however is that I still
> > weigh 300lbs and need to get rid of at least
> another
> > 60/70 lbs sooner than later.
> >
> > If any of you have gone through this (been going on for like 4/5 months) please give me some
> > advice. I need your help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Michael W.
> >
> > 380/306/200(220) - Lowest weight was 270.
> >
> > Ps: For those of you who remember me/us....Charise W. is still a happy lifetime member. Going on

Thank you so much for the support Erin. Good luck to you to. I will tell the
wife that you gave her a virtual high 5 :)

Michael W.

news:[email protected]...

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:35:57 GMT, "waddy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks Ray, I am all over fit.com as of about 2 weeks ago and you are right about me having to find
>alternate sources of calories. I burn literally between 1100 and 1300 kcals during a 1 hours
>elliptical session. I use a Polar heart monitor which tracks my heart rate and the number of
>calories burned based on my age, weight, height etc so I know that it's accurate.
>
>The interesting thing is that I have stopped gaining and appear to be stuck at this weight. I am
>hoping to get things moving in a downward direction again. If you use 60 calories per point as a
>calculator the 31/32 ww points that I have to eat only gets me to 2160 cals. On big workout days I
>burn through more than 1/2 of these in an hour.
>
>I am going to check out the other site that you suggested for some insight.
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Mike
>
>Ps: this exercise routine is like 18 months in. when I first started at 380 i could barley do 1/2
> on a flat surface treadmill.

It's possible you are overestimating the number calories expended. I am 6`2" and 207 pounds. I do 3
* 30` cardio per week plus 3`45+ weights per week. I lose about a pouind a week on 2000 calories.

Ray
--
rmnsuk
273/207/182

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:25:54 GMT, "waddy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Lots of great advice here Marc. I actually dropped the weights to 3 days of full body vs. every
>other day of uppers and every other day of lowers for 6 days. I just started doing protein and yes,
>it seems that I am building muscle. My arms are getting bigger (or should I say - reshaping) as are
>my calves and thighs. That said, I would love to start seeing some bulk reduction vs. the muscle
>for fat replacement that appears to be taking place.
>
>Thank you so much for the reply. This is a lot of really useful information.

If you are serious about those goals you might start reading misc.fitness.weights. I'd advise you to
read it for a while before you post.

Ray
--
rmnsuk
273/207/182

ray miller wrote:

> If you are serious about those goals you might start reading misc.fitness.weights. I'd advise you
> to read it for a while before you post.
>
> Ray

I second Ray here, but be prepared that the conversation "over there" is not as civilized as
it is here.

alt.sport.weightlifting is another group I could recommend with great information and less bashing.

Possible, but I use a hear monitor that's proven to be pretty accurate. I will however take this
into consideration.

Mike

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:35:57 GMT, "waddy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Ray, I am all over fit.com as of about 2 weeks ago and you are
right
> >about me having to find alternate sources of calories. I burn literally between 1100 and 1300
> >kcals during a 1 hours elliptical session. I use a Polar heart monitor which tracks my heart rate
> >and the number of calories burned based on my age, weight, height etc so I know that it's
> >accurate.
> >
> >The interesting thing is that I have stopped gaining and appear to be
stuck
> >at this weight. I am hoping to get things moving in a downward direction again. If you use 60
> >calories per point as a calculator the 31/32 ww
points
> >that I have to eat only gets me to 2160 cals. On big workout days I burn through more than 1/2 of
> >these in an hour.
> >
> >I am going to check out the other site that you suggested for some
insight.

> >Thanks again,
> >
> >Mike
> >
> >Ps: this exercise routine is like 18 months in. when I first started at
380
> >i could barley do 1/2 on a flat surface treadmill.
>
> It's possible you are overestimating the number calories expended. I am 6`2" and 207 pounds. I do
> 3 * 30` cardio per week plus 3`45+ weights per week. I lose about a pouind a week on 2000
> calories.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk
> 273/207/182

If I eat too little I gain, also if I worked out like you do I would go and
get the really accurate body fat test and get a professional to set your
goal weight, this may be higher than you think, and if I need to eat points,
I eat point dense food like nuts, and cheese, this works except if these are
trigger foods for you, good luck, lee
Michael W. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pwnZb.22466$4o.40721@attbi_s52...
> Hi all,
>
> It's been a while since I last posted. I mean like 4 months plus. Speaking of plus I have regained
> some of the 112lbs that I had lost when I last posted. I am still down about 75lbs but am really
> frustrated over that
fact
> that I cannot seem to get thing moving in the downward direction again. I
am
> still working out like a mad man, burning 5-6 thousand calories a week and doing a full body
> strength training routine 3 days a week.
>
> Honestly, I think that I am working out to much but I have reached a point where it's easy. I can
> exercise at 80/85% of my target heart rate for an hour without breathing hard. Break a hell of a
> sweat yes, but still have plenty energy left when it's over.
>
> I called weight watchers and they told me that I need to eat about 1/2 of
my
> workout points because I am burning through about 1/2 of what they suggest
> eat. So, it's like I need to eat more to lose more. The problem is that
it's
> hard to eat that many points (mid 40's) of healthy food because at some point you get tired
> of eating.
>
> The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of
the
> weight that I have pt back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and I had it somewhat
> confirmed by some of the trainers in my gym. The problem however is that I still weigh 300lbs and
> need to get rid of at least
another

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:40:37 GMT, "waddy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thank you so much for the support Erin. Good luck to you to.

Thanks Michael, I need it at the moment ;-)

--
Erin in NZ
125/89/75 kgs
125.89/1/165 lbs

RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

I *thought* you sounded familiar. You've had some good advice about the training, so I won't give
you any more - I won't pretend to be a fitness expert. I do know all about eating more points though
- nuts and fat are your friends! A handful or two of nuts and seeds just burns through the points
(unfortunately for me, fortunately for you), and they're pretty good for you. Olive oil is another
healthy source of a lot of points.

And congrats to Charise. It's always good to hear of another lifetimer sticking with it.

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

"Michael W." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pwnZb.22466$4o.40721@attbi_s52...
> Hi all,
>
> It's been a while since I last posted. I mean like 4 months plus. Speaking of plus I have regained
> some of the 112lbs that I had lost when I last posted. I am still down about 75lbs but am really
> frustrated over that
fact
> that I cannot seem to get thing moving in the downward direction again. I
am
> still working out like a mad man, burning 5-6 thousand calories a week and doing a full body
> strength training routine 3 days a week.
>
> Honestly, I think that I am working out to much but I have reached a point where it's easy. I can
> exercise at 80/85% of my target heart rate for an hour without breathing hard. Break a hell of a
> sweat yes, but still have plenty energy left when it's over.
>
> I called weight watchers and they told me that I need to eat about 1/2 of
my
> workout points because I am burning through about 1/2 of what they suggest
> eat. So, it's like I need to eat more to lose more. The problem is that
it's
> hard to eat that many points (mid 40's) of healthy food because at some point you get tired
> of eating.
>
> The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of
the
> weight that I have pt back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and I had it somewhat
> confirmed by some of the trainers in my gym. The problem however is that I still weigh 300lbs and
> need to get rid of at least
another
> 60/70 lbs sooner than later.
>
> If any of you have gone through this (been going on for like 4/5 months) please give me some
> advice. I need your help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael W.
>
> 380/306/200(220) - Lowest weight was 270.
>
> Ps: For those of you who remember me/us....Charise W. is still a happy lifetime member. Going on
> her 1 year lifetime anniversary.

Sorry this is such a late respone, Michael, but I wanted to say WELCOME back and CONGRATS to Charise
for continuing to maintain so well and almost up to her 1 year anniversary! AWESOME!! It's great to
see you again! Hope things start working for you again soon!

--

~Kristin O~
272/241.6/172

"Michael W." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pwnZb.22466$4o.40721@attbi_s52...
> Hi all,
>
> It's been a while since I last posted. I mean like 4 months plus. Speaking of plus I have regained
> some of the 112lbs that I had lost when I last posted. I am still down about 75lbs but am really
> frustrated over that
fact
> that I cannot seem to get thing moving in the downward direction again. I
am
> still working out like a mad man, burning 5-6 thousand calories a week and doing a full body
> strength training routine 3 days a week.
>
> Honestly, I think that I am working out to much but I have reached a point where it's easy. I can
> exercise at 80/85% of my target heart rate for an hour without breathing hard. Break a hell of a
> sweat yes, but still have plenty energy left when it's over.
>
> I called weight watchers and they told me that I need to eat about 1/2 of
my
> workout points because I am burning through about 1/2 of what they suggest
> eat. So, it's like I need to eat more to lose more. The problem is that
it's
> hard to eat that many points (mid 40's) of healthy food because at some point you get tired
> of eating.
>
> The one this that makes me feel a little better is the idea that some of
the
> weight that I have pt back on is muscle. I can see it in the mirror and I had it somewhat
> confirmed by some of the trainers in my gym. The problem however is that I still weigh 300lbs and
> need to get rid of at least
another