Need advie on new bike.

Monte730

Jun 29, 2011
Hello,
I am sure this question has been stated before but I am deciding between a aluminum/carbon fork vs an all carbon bicycle. I am interested in the trek 2.1 and the Felt F75. For carbon it would the trek madone 3.1 and the felt F6. What is your take on it? I plan to start doing crits and the like. I am currently 19 and have been into cycling for around 8 months now. I am upgrading from a early 80's trek... hehe. Let me know what you all think. Thanks in advance.

for racing CF is the material of choice, don't expect it to last forever though, well nowadays no bike could give you that certainty,

Originally Posted by Monte730 .

Hello,
I am sure this question has been stated before but I am deciding between a aluminum/carbon fork vs an all carbon bicycle. I am interested in the trek 2.1 and the Felt F75. For carbon it would the trek madone 3.1 and the felt F6. What is your take on it? I plan to start doing crits and the like. I am currently 19 and have been into cycling for around 8 months now. I am upgrading from a early 80's trek... hehe. Let me know what you all think. Thanks in advance.
If you're gonna start racing, I'd look to a used bike, something like a Cannondale CAAD (assuming the bike fits you). CF bikes can be tough, but crashes, especially in less experienced classes, can be tougher. Likewise, the Felt F75 and Trek 2.1 would be good options. Giant, Specialized, and others have alloy offerings,too. The point is that you have to be willing to throw away whatever kit you buy. That doesn't mean you will crash or you should assume you'll crash, but it does mean that you should definitely not be surprised if you do have crash and find your frame needs replaced. eBay can be your friend.

If you are buying a new bike than you must check its average, its milage, how many cc it contains and whether it is fulfill your all requirements or not.

Originally Posted by cristinajohn .

If you are buying a new bike than you must check its average, its milage, how many cc it contains and whether it is fulfill your all requirements or not.

???

Buy the best bike you can afford, but don't discount an aluminum bike because it's not carbon.

My son purchased a 2004 Specialized Allez Sport new when he was 14. He's now 21 and just sold it to upgrade to a better bike. He won numerous Crits and placed very well in Sprint Triathlons.

It just shows that the rider is 95% of the result.

Reactions: Monte730